Kingdom Hall Diary, an Outsider's Perspective (WARNING - LONG)

by jgnat 47 Replies latest jw experiences

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    Which might explain why the local congregation has denied Art his deepest desire, to be allowed to go door-to-door in field service.

Do they not let people w/ unbelieving mates go in service now?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Interesting, TallTexan. Did your congregation bar JW's who had married an "unbeliever"? When I asked Blondie about it, she checked with dozens of congregations around the world. NONE forbade field service for the reasons my husband has been denied. Marrying an "unbeliever" is strictly a conscience matter, and one cannot be DF'd for it. Besides, they let unbaptized studies go out in service. There are at least three or four "unequally yoked" couples in our congregation. My husband is the only one who is denied going out in service.

From how I understand it, you are not completely a Jehovah's Witness unless you are witnessing somehow. How can you face the throne of judgement if you haven't shared the good news? It's the essence of witness-ey.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Well, Janet, I hope you are proud of yourself! I will now have to return and read the whole dang thing.

Hey, when you say long, you mean long don't you?

Btw - didn't know if I grasped the correct idea at the intro - that hubby Art is not allowed in field service? I never knew of elders successfully stopping anyone who is baptized and not currently disfellowshipped from that. Or did I misread?

I once knew a witness brother who went in service while disfellowshipped. He told the elders he was going to do so, and they said 'You can't" He replied that his understanding was the God had told him to do just that, the organization only forbid them from accepting a FS report. Of course he did not go with the group. That would have been a better story I s'pose!

Jeff

• jgnat
    jgnat
    that hubby Art is not allowed in field service? I never knew of elders successfully stopping anyone who is baptized and not currently disfellowshipped from that. Or did I misread?

You got it right, AK-Jeff. I've asked Art if he might try this, but he really is shooting for acceptance in the men's club. He wants to go out with the boys, eat doughnuts at Tim Horton's with the guys, and hand in his field service report just like the big boys.

By the way, we got the card yesterday, beautiful!

• wednesday
    wednesday

jgnat

you are the precious jewel that Art was lucky enough to find. Art may not know it now, but he saved his life by marrying you. Best to you both. Enjoyed the read.

weds

• goodbye
    goodbye

I came her inearch of Jgnat. I have a dream the other night and decided to search the internet. All I remembered was her internet name and her huaband's name so I didn't have alot to go on but I found this site. I am the mysterious internet girl that along time ago got to share some great experiences online with her :) Anyways, I am hoping Jgnat is still here but I noticed she has posted in a while so maybe she doesn't frequent here anymore?

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome to JWN,Goodbye.

Bangalore

• bsmart
    bsmart

bump for jgnat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit