Confirmed News about Printing in Brooklyn

by stillajwexelder 24 Replies latest social current

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Tonight we had a letter read "To All Congregations in the United States". I will paraphrase. The Graphics department has moved to Walkill as from Nov 30th 3005. This includes all Artwork prepartion and other associated departments. Other printing operations have also moved to Walkill. We are sure you will be pleased to learn of the Branch streamlining our operations.

The letter then went on notice board. So all the speculation you have seen in another thread about down-sizing in Brooklyn is true and official - but the positive spin is that it is streamlining and making the process more efficient.

• blondie
    blondie

So what do they do at that multi-million Patterson, stilla?

• garybuss
    garybuss

So Brooklyn is just ALL bureaucracy now? Boy! That's a LOT of bureaucracy.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

There is the news they give to "all congregations in the United States" and then there is the news they announce at Bethel.
    My Bethel source said that they announced 'downsizing' in no uncertain terms for the US Branch.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Not sure - Patterson is still upstate New York. My gut feeling and I stress this is personal opinion, 9/11 scared them - I feel that there will always be a Brooklyn heights congregation but I feel the GB will themselves move out of Brooklyn eventually and all the Real Estate they have accumulated over the years will be sol d for enormous profit- The positive spin will be that the money released will go towards the Worldwide Preaching work and be spent on Branches in other countries. Patterson will house Bethelites and Teaching facilities etc. Possibly in time another Circuit Assembly Hall. But Brooklyn has already down-sized - that is fact. Printing, graphics, shipping (360 Furman Street ) sold. More will be sold in timne as they sell all their real-estate assetts which are huge. I think the GB will eventually be housed at Patterson and not Brooklyn

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    We are sure YOU WILL BE PLEASED to learn of the Branch streamlining our operations.

There now......with the WTS "spin" on what they're actually doing, (OMG! They're DOWNsizing!!!) published with even the allegedly "appropriate" way to react or view what the WTS is doing.....no room for one's own thoughts to enter into the equation or for a person to actually figure out what they're doing.....unless.......(gawd forbid) someone actually gives birth to an original thought in that brain-fartless borganization.

Frannie

• JeffT
    JeffT

Looking at it strictly from a business standpoint moving out of Brooklyn makes sense. Nothing that they do requires they be in the city, and the property is worth a fortune. Selling it and taking the operation somewhere cheaper makes a lot of sense. Frankly I'm surprised the Service desk hasn't been moved to a call center in India.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Patterson is still headquarters for Audio/Video, which includes a lot of support departments. Other than that, of course, there is the missionary education (indoctrination) facilities and I believe several GB members already live there permanently.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Looking at it strictly from a business standpoint moving out of Brooklyn makes sense. Nothing that they do requires they be in the city, and the property is worth a fortune. Selling it and taking the operation somewhere cheaper makes a lot of sense. Frankly I'm surprised the Service desk hasn't been moved to a call center in India. You say that tongue in cheek JeffT - but you are correct - from a business standpoint it makes total sense to me

• observador
    observador

What I would like to see confirmed is the number 1500. This is the number of bethelites that allegedly are being sent home.
    Observador.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit