Hi Again

by tattoogrl333 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Moxy
    Moxy

glad to hear tattoo.

re field service. the om book with the questions is only given to publishers, that is, those who have started field service, whether baptized or not. so if they dont get a book for you yet, thats ostensibly the reason. dont worry, theres nothing particularly interesting in there. the questions are basically one big review of the knowledge book, which i assume you are studying. your study conductor will likely ask you to focus on getting into service first before worrying about baptism. no one is baptized before becoming a publisher. but in order to do THAT, she will have to address your appearance, no matter what tattoos her daughter is planning on getting (which i still dont really believe) so you can look forward to discussing what is acceptable appearance in your study from here on if you choose to. :)

mox

• spike
    spike

Hi Tattoogirl, Run like hell is good advice. Not only does your appearance have to change,JW's will never accept a woman with so much independence. They want you to be in subjection to all males. Barefoot and pregnant mentality. I joined in the 70's when women's lib was just starting. I was much in favor of women's rights,but had to ditch that platform. It has been a very unpleasant experience with JW's over women's rights. I have been counseled many times and almost DF'D for my opinions. Women have no proper rights in JW's. Run.Run,Run!!!!!!

Never give up, and never under any circumstances, face the facts-R.Gordon

• Angharad
    Angharad

Welcome back tattoo girl.

Its much more fun here!!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Hi Tattoogirl!

I'm soo glad you're back! Your spirit and curiosity was so refreshing! I am honestly sad that you had that experience. But trust us when we say it is just a glimpse of what was to come. You are right - WHO ARE THEY to decide who may join? This isn't some kind of sorority or fraternity. But they sure treat you that way - hazing (a test of your loyalty to the organization) was always very subtle.

Just seems like I wasted some time.

Don't look at it as wasted time, sweetie! Just look at it as a moment of clarity! Haha! If you continue studying with your conductor, I understand. You make your decisions about this on your time.

We're thrilled to have you back!

Andi

• thewiz
    thewiz

Do you guys and gals get bothered when people stare at you for your pink hair and tattoos?

I've seen some, that appear to be quite beutiful.

I would like to get some tattos, but I'm afraid of getting a disease.

I have to admit though the bible does put some emphasis on appearance. Even so, I wish I had always had a full maine of hair when I was younger and a beard and nipple rings. Now I'm dealing with the balding. A slow cruel process from God to further take away my dignity.

I do have a piercing, down there..., ya know..., down there... I did it my self. -True. Now I have another place to hang my keys!!!

BTY does anyone know where I can get a 12 inch tattoo for my penis? -snicker. Uh, lets forget I mentioned the the nipple rings. -Really Ouch.

• thewiz
    thewiz

I don't know why but I so comfortable here (in all these forums). I haven't felt this comfortable in so long. I feel like crying.

Last night, i put a post on a thread about education. It got me so mad about some others were saying. I let Hell break loose. when I got home I just went to bed. didn't watch the movie, i rented twice. This morning when i came in i was expecting the worst. So far all I got were hearing and understanding ears.

Is it really true, that I can be myself here? Even if i disagree with anyone?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Wiz,

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post your ideas, concerns, questions, whatever. It is free-flowing out here, at times it may get a little rough, but hey that's freedom of speech! In here, we can really be ourselves, not like inside the JW organization where you had to try to "put on" that everything was okie-dokie!!!

I have gained a lot in my five months on this board, it's helped me grow past the organization and into a new, freer life. I hope you find it to be the same!

Just put a little thought into your posts, and be ready for an avalanche of response. To quote sports talk show host Jim Rome, "Have a take and do not suck!" Then you'll be fine!

Hope to see more of you out here, Wiz.

GopherWhy shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense.
    Mark Twain (1835-1910)

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Tattoogirl:

W H E W! ! ! !

Dodged that bullet!!

Slipnslidemaster: "I don't know why we are here, but I'm pretty sure that it is not in order to enjoy ourselves."
    - Ludwig Wittgenstein

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Wiz,

LOL! Yes, it's true. You can be yourself and stay. What a concept, huh? I've had disagreements here, but the thing is not to take it personal. We all have good qualities/thoughts/experiences to share. We all have faults/character flaws. And it's okay. Glad you're here!

Andi

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

Welcome back!!!

Just think, here your tattoos and pink hair are celebrated

closer

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing
    than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance - e.e. cummings

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit