Help --Pre-JW Faithful and Discreet Slave??

by lynnmelo 28 Replies latest jw friends

• freydi
  • lynnmelo
    lynnmelo

Sorry I have posted a reply to some; I haven't been able to post in a while. Thank you all for the great responses and links. Blindersoff, you make a great point (I got your PM as well--thanks!).

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

There was no F&D slave before the JWs, and they are unable to consisently point to any.

There are groups referred to by the Watchtower from time to time. The Waldenses, Cathari, Albigenses, Huguenots, Minor Brethern (Socianians). But in total they only lasted a few hundred years and are different to JWs is many serious areas.

Ask your conductor who passed the mantle to Russell. They are unable to find an F&D slave even 150 years ago.

• gumby
    gumby

Hi Lynnmello

I had a couple of threads on this subject....perhaps you can find something in the posts that will help a bit more.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/48902/1.ashx

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/101427/1.ashx

Gumby

• gumby
    gumby

I forgot to add you might want to do a little re-search on "The Lollards". They too are mentioned as truth bearers of a sort, but never as "the Slave Class".

These ones were favored by the witnesses (Fred Franz to be exact) because the Lollards resisted the Catholic church and it's heiarchial structure as did their founder John Wyclif in England in the latter part of the fourteenth and the first half of the fifteenth century..........the same as the witnesses overly bash the Catholics in modern times. Many resisted the church but were not open about it as were Wyclifs bunch. The Lollards were also big on preaching....another biggie with the witnesses.

Gumby

• atypical
    atypical

Lynn, this is a great thread and a great question I had never thought of. I will add to my arsenal of great questions for jws.

Slave1111, when will you be sacrificed? I have been praying to you, but you never answer - amen!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Slave1111 -----------------------------> Hi Brownboy, How ya' doin' bud-dy ?

Gumby, where's your manners boy ? Say 'hi' to BB !

Rabbit

• gumby
    gumby
    Hi Brownboy, How ya' doin' bud-dy ?

Gumby, where's your manners boy ? Say 'hi' to BB !

Rabbit ye bastard. There was a "brownboy" in just about every hall. He was the one who sat against the wall by himself and was the one nobody wanted to get stuck with in service because he was.....a.......a.....well.....a.......he was kinda "funny" lets say. He was introverted and had none or possibly one friend. Girls didn't like him.

When these types leave the Organisation ( usually the reason is they just didn't feel wanted enough..... not because of sane thinking), they can gain recognition they never had right here on the old internet.........especially can they become a little king amoung a group that failed them and that makes them a bit happier and gives them a laugh and a payback.

Dr.Gumbyphil

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Dr. Gumbyfull,

There was a "brownboy" in just about every hall. He was the one who sat against the wall by himself and was the one nobody wanted to get stuck with in service because he was.....a.......a.....well.....a.......he was kinda "funny" lets say. He was introverted and had none or possibly one friend. Girls didn't like him.

I - I didn't k n o w that Gumbyverted, well, you have more than one friend now tho', right ? And girls love you now.

(they do, don't they?)

Ah, well. I may be wrong, but, my rabbity sense tells me that feller is the O - riginal BB.

Dr. Rabbit, F.U.L.L.S.O.B <-------------- means ah iz reel smort

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit