Blood Sausage

by sassafras 19 Replies latest watchtower medical

• sassafras
    sassafras

Looking for some backup here....

I'm pretty new here, so let me give a quickie cliffsnote version of my situation. My DH was raised a JW but hasn't attended a meeting since he started college (5 years ago). He despised meetings and slept or doodled in his WT through at least 99% of them. He's in a weird position right now where he can't defend the JWs (because he barely even knows the doctrine), but basically believes that they've got all the answers, its just his fault that he doesn't have the drive or motivation to be active. My heart aches for him because I know he's feeling all this guilt for no good reason.

Anyway, I decided to do some research and try to figure out exactly what the JWs believe, prove it to be a bunch of bull, and then convince him. Please don't tell me that he needs to do this for himself. When it comes to religion, he is absolutely paralized by fear, and for his sanity (and my own) I need to help him fight his way out of this.

Okay, here is my question. The other night we were watching some TV show and this guy was making blood sausage. He tells me how he has had it before and it wasn't that bad. I'm like "hold the freaking phone here! You'd die rather than get a blood transfusion but you'd eat something made of blood????" He goes on to tell me that the animal blood stuff is outdated and all we need to worry about now is human blood. This cannot be right. Can someone back me up on this?

• sassafras
    sassafras

Sorry, I just realized this is thread should probably be in the blood section. Bear with me, I'm new at this.

• Legolas
    Legolas

This is excellent from Skyman ..long read but it is so good!

They have it all wrong!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/16/103257/1.ashx

• avishai
    avishai

He's DEAD wrong, the initial commandments ONLY mentioned animal blood, wow, talk about rationalization.

• ballistic
    ballistic

The answer is no - no blood is allowed, as a child I was worried when feeding live animal to another one.

• sassafras
    sassafras

Wow, thanks Legolas (and Skyman). That is excellent. I'm printing it out for DH to read tonight. I'd love to give a copy to MIL but I think she'd probably tar and feather me.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I moved the thread for you.

I have a vague memory of eating blood sausage as a young child before my mother became a JW. It wasn't bad but wasn't something I'd want to eat again.

• fairchild
    fairchild

I love blood sausage when it is prepared well. When I started studying with the JWs, the question about blood sausage definitely popped up in my mind. I asked two different elders about it. One said that it was okay to eat it, the other said that it should be avoided. So much for a clear answer. I also asked repeatedly about eating meat bloody rare (the way I like it), but never really got a straight yes or no on that one.

• skyman
    skyman

Remember to read the thread that is currently running on this board as well.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Kerry Louderback-Wood just wrote an entire article showing how 18 quotes in the Society's book "How Can Blood Save Your Life?" was absolutely wrong...including the blood sausage quote you wanted. Go to

http://www3.baylor.edu/Church_State/ordering_publications.htm and order a copy for about $5. It will open your friend's eyes.

"Jehovah's Witnesses, Blood Transfusions, and the Tort of Misrepresentation"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit