Did you notice all of the Newbies this month?

by DevonMcBride 16 Replies latest jw friends

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

It seems like everytime I come to this forum, which is very often during the day, there is another new person. I don't recall seeing so many newbies in one month as I have this month.

If you're new to this forum, WELCOME. How did you find this forum?

• sassafras
    sassafras

I'm a newbie! I found this website by typing in "Jehovah's Witnesses are full of sh**" and this is what I got. I'm serious! :)

• Legolas
    Legolas

I'm a newbie! I found this website by typing in "Jehovah's Witnesses are full of sh**" and this is what I got. I'm serious! :)

Oh gawd you gave me my laugh of the day!!!!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

sassafras, that's not fair. I happen to know many of them who routinely advocate good colon health .

WELCOME NEW POSTERS! If you were looking for a place that specializes in hashing out all kinds of non-essential crap:

alt

You found us, instead... LOL

AuldSoul

• PoliticallyNeutered2
    PoliticallyNeutered2

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert. The stuff in this email could be false. If you use it, use it at your own risk. Also, since about 7/05, I've earnestly tried to keep my large-scale internet presence politically/religiously neutral. Stepping on big toes with such new and powerful technology seems highly incautious in my case.

Thanks for the welcome! :)

In answer to your question: I was directed here from another Ex-JW site which I joined this month. Someone referred to the "JWD," and typing those three letters in google gave me this site. I found the first site by typing "ex-JW" on google, I think. Well, I wasn't exactly "directed" here. Someone said something about big gnus or something.

I've enjoyed reading many things here. I hope to write much more after I consider things well enough to comply with my disclaimer while doing so.

Thanks again! :)

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Hi, Im a newbie. I found this on freeminds website. The hot soup section. I have been looking for people like myself or in my position. On the way out of the WTS. What a ride it has been for the last year and a half. The research that I have done can fill volumes. OH JOY to have finally found out the truth about the "TRUTH" I hope to meet and make many new friends here since all my old ones wont talk to me anymore LOL

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

One Georgian to another, a warm welcome!

From your profile:

If it is OK with you people, I'd like to use this forum to practice communicating again, while trying to keep my internet presence politically neutral.

Feel free, but understand we're a provocative lot...and there are some scamps who seem to thrive on argument. You're on you own in finding and avoiding them. But if you want practice communicating again, feel free to use us. Don't get too put off when you screw up at it. Some people will get angry with you, but they probably just misunderstand (kind of comes with the territory when you are practicing communication).

So, don't take anything too hard, okay? That said, jump in.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Too all newbies:

alt

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Thx the fire is warm, im in my favorite Archie Bunker recliner with a cup of Joe

• PoliticallyNeutered2
    PoliticallyNeutered2

Disclaimer: I don't claim to be an expert. The stuff in this email could be false. If you use it, use it at your own risk. Also, since about 7/05, I've earnestly tried to keep my large-scale internet presence politically/religiously neutral. Stepping on big toes with such new and powerful technology seems highly incautious in my case. From AuldSoul: "One Georgian to another, a warm welcome! " Thank you! :)

"From your profile:

If it is OK with you people, I'd like to use this forum to practice communicating again, while trying to keep my internet presence politically neutral.

Feel free, but understand we're a provocative lot...and there are some scamps who seem to thrive on argument. You're on you own in finding and avoiding them. But if you want practice communicating again, feel free to use us." Thank you! In reference to provocation: Although I would consider it a little impolite for someone to intentionally try to prevent me from maintaining my attempt at politically/religiously neutral communication, I've almost counted on such attempts in the past. This wouldn't be much practice otherwise, would it? I agree that it is easy to be overly critical of oneself when one receives responses from an internet forum. Thanks for the advice about that. Thank you very much again for the welcome, caution, and advice. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit