President Bush wants to spy on us? Can we spy on him as well?

by DavidChristopher 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Thing is, it is not Bush I hate. I hate the ideal he represents. Trying to have absolute, unquestioned authority over a bunch of frightened scared people. If he is truly looking out for us little peoples futures, he should share his reasonings with us to comfort our fears. There is very little difference between "worship" and "spying" on someone. Those questions to someone who was truly out for our well being, would be "flattering". But to someone with ulterior motives the same act would be taken as "spying". How can you recieve credit for a decision you made if you don't reveal it? Do you wait until the results come in? Then you can pass a "bad" one down to someone lower, and recieve credit for a "good" one as your own? Is that how it works? It is really "slick" though. I am in awe.....(pretty safe too.)

second gear.......

your little brother,

David

• oldflame
    oldflame

I already started a thread on this a couple weeks ago, but here's my two cents.

First of all 9/11 was brought on by Bin laden and not Saddam but who the hell did we go after ?

I have also heard through media that it is not just the person from another country living her in the USA but it is those who openly criticize the war in Iraq. Protestors all alike ar being spied on. This President has mis used authority like no other. Oh yes have also done such things but not like this jerk.

Don't ask me to like Bush, I think he is one of the worse presidents this country has ever seen, but then I guess like father, like son.

And then to say it is ok for him to go around FISA when in all actuality there is no problems with getting the right to spy. Those who support this lack of respect for the laws I'll just bet would change their minds if it were them being spied on. It's easy to say I have nothing to hide or I don't care until the issues comes upon their own infringements of rights.

I lived in Texas for several years, I don't like Texas either, I was miserable there. I found most people there are racist bigots and they act like there shit don't stink. Not that all of them are that way but the majority say's it is so. Gee sounds just like the President who is from there does'nt it ?

Man if there if there's one thing that gets my blood boiling is discussing G.W.Bush

• Simon
    Simon
    Why are you laughing? At least I'm not paying 60% income tax and suffering from socialized medicine....oh, and btw, there are plenty of Bush-haters in Texas as well.....

Who pays 60% income tax? I don't ... And we 'suffer' from free healthcare do we? Did you know that the USA has the highest percentage of healthcare spending that *doesn't* get spent on healthcare? (ie. it goes on administration and lawyers). I'm sorry for laughing but from the outside looking in it is pretty hillarious listening to Americans declaring themselves the free-est people on the planet and not really having any idea of how controlling their government is and how even more controlling it wants to be.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Simon,

I'm sorry for laughing but from the outside looking in it is pretty hillarious listening to Americans declaring themselves the free-est people on the planet and not really having any idea of how controlling their government is and how even more controlling it wants to be.

I totally agree with your statement here and I am as American as a man can get.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

At least I'm not paying 60% income tax and suffering from socialized medicine....oh, and btw, there are plenty of Bush-haters in Texas as well.....

What an odd comment?If you mean brits..heard of the NHS?May not be perfect but its bloody best in the world.How much does it cost to go to the GP in Texas i wonder?

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    I found most people there are racist bigots and they act like there shit don't stink. Not that all of them are that way but the majority say's it is so.

Racist bigots? Broad brush you're painting with....I guess you're one of the 'enlightened' west-coast liberals who doesn't care whose toes get stepped on as long as no one's feelings get hurt. Hey, we might be ignorant red-necks (NOT!) but at least we know when to use "their" vs. "there" and "doesn't" vs. "don't"......

Out of curiosity, are you a "Clinton is great" person? Let's see - he sold defense secrets to China, ran shady land deals, most likely murdered several people involved in that scandal. I don't even care about Monica and his 'lying to the people' - they all do that. He was a sleazy, spineless, communist wanna-be who was unwilling to protect this country.

I'm just wondering what it is that makes him one of the worst presidents in history? Other than the fact that Kerry's mud-slinging campaign didn't work and liberals the world over are p.o.'ed.....

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Hmm as soon as someones only defense is the picking apart of someones use of correct grammar/prose etc...i say that persons argument is invalidated.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    If he is truly looking out for us little peoples futures, he should share his reasonings with us to comfort our fears.

David,

I agree with you to a point. However, we, as the 'little guys' don't always have a need to know of certain things. For instance, the Normandy invasion would never work now because some jerkweed on a cable news show would get ahold of the plans and release them because 'the people have a right to know'. We don't always have a right to know national security information.

Don't get me wrong - I have little to no faith in all government agencies. But I'm realistic too. I know that things happen that we don't always have a right to know, and things happen for a reason that we don't always have a right to know.

I don't fool myself, and I hope you don't either, into thinking that ANY politician - republican, democrat, independent, libertarian - truly has ANYONE'S best interests at heart except their own. But when their best interest coincide with mine, in this case keeping terrorists out of the country - then I'm cool with it. I'm sure that's a somewhat short-sighted view, but since all politicians are crooks, the best you can hope for is that they want what you do. :-)

I think Bush sees the big picture about what's important for the long-term well-being of this country. We need plentiful, cheap oil. We need to flex our muscle to keep our enemies at bay. We need to tighten up our borders both for security and financial reasons.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Well D-day is a good example, for your reasoning. Nice move. Could the same goal have been achieved without "deception"?

If you must "decieve" your "flock" to "protect" them, Will they trust you? After it was said and done, the truth about known, were they not thanked for pulling it off?

This reasoning you pose is valid, and I think, hold the answers to many mysteries. Very nicely said....

Could you post this question as a new topic? I would like to hear many more different angles to this. I think someone might be holding the key to fully answering this. I would love to hear the feedback.

....."deception" for "protection".........?

Boy, you got a little something under your hood don't you?

"share" it with me please.

Your little brother,

David

• acadian
    acadian

Hello All,

I hate to bring a crushing reality down on you, but we may have to give up a little in the way of freedom for our safety.

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!
    --Benjamin Franklin

They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety. --Benjamin Franklin

Never trust a government that doesnt trust its own citizens with guns
    --Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
    - William Pitt (1759-1806)

More to come...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit