hello from a newby!!

by newcreation 28 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Yep - as the camera fades out of close up to wide view it starts getting clearer and clearer. Once you uncage the mind it starts to look different.

Welcome to the forum.

jeff

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    is it me, or does it look weirder and weirder the longer you've been away??

Yes, this is true. I noticed it too. JWs have no idea just now freaky weird they are until one of them leaves and can see the "society" from the outside

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome newcreation!

So glad you could join us. We have BRIGHT lights here... It is never NEW LIGHT because we hear the same stories over & over again as to how we were all duped into giving our mind over to a false prophet__ or to the evil slave class the> WATCHTOWER!!!!!

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Welcome to the forum,and yes I have to agree with everybody else;the longer you're out the weirder it all seems.I find it hard to believe I pushed this stuff on people as the "truth".

Goldminer

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum newcreation and Merry Christmas, it's great that your sons also came out otherwise the org would have caused a lot of problems with its shunning policy, you were spared a lot of trouble.

As for their teachings they will look more and more strange and rotten as you examine them closely and objectively that's why they don't want the dubs to consult non JW sources as on the internet.

• luna2
    luna2

Welcome, newcreation!

Yup, yup, yup....20 years wasted in the fake truth! I look back now and wonder who that gullible nitwit was that bought into the WTS bullsh*t so readily.

• kls
    kls

Welcome to dis place

• Dansk
    Dansk

Welcome, newcreation!

Ian

• mouthy
    mouthy

20 years wasted in the fake truth!

But I dont think it was wasted really- We can be used to wisen others BEFORE they take it in

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, newcreation. I love the part where you say you have two sons, "never been closer". I have a flipside story to share. A local elder, a convert, has many sons but none have remained in the society. He was picked to share his story at our last convention. He shared how his younger son asked if he could come back home.

After prayerfully considering the matter, he decided to turn the boy down. It was not a life-threatening move, and the son had other options. Also, he did not want to hinder his own "spiritual growth". That's right. He turned down his own son to further his own religious ambitions.

It's one of the saddest parts I've ever seen.

Congratulations on maintaining your family nest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit