Myths of the 'scientific method' exposed

by Shining One 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

A man builds 100 houses in his lifetime. He tears down the ones he doesn't like as he goes , continuing to build new ones until he has only 5 left, then how intelligent is he? Well, that is what ID is saying G-d has done, since G-d is responsible for all life.- think about this: 95% of all life species that ever existed are now extinct. Based on past practice, how much longer do we have before we are replaced by a better model?

Moshe

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

LOL @ moshe....never thought about it that way.

SNG

• hooberus
    hooberus
    A man builds 100 houses in his lifetime. He tears down the ones he doesn't like as he goes , continuing to build new ones until he has only 5 left, then how intelligent is he? Well, that is what ID is saying G-d has done, since G-d is responsible for all life.- think about this: 95% of all life species that ever existed are now extinct. Based on past practice, how much longer do we have before we are replaced by a better model?

If by "G-d" you were referring to the God of the Bible (you used the capitalized "G" and a singular ending) then any extinction that has occurred was not caused by original design, but instead by the entrance of sin into the world and the resulting death. See below link for more information on this as well as for the creationist explanation for the fossil record:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/pbs_nova/0927ep3.asp

• zagor
    zagor

Crykee, hooberus how many times did you have to do format correction for this little bit of text, lol.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    any extinction that has occurred was not caused by original design, but instead by the entrance of sin into the world and the resulting death.

aahhh!! yes, wow! i get it now! thanks hoob. that explanation has eluded me for a long long time.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

then any extinction that has occurred was not caused by original design, but instead by the entrance of sin into the world and the resulting death.

So the T-rex and Brontosauraus sinned -sorry hooberus I am sat here laughing my f----g ass off - you guys are good entertainment -next you will be telling me Noah took 850,000 male and female pairs of insects into the ark

• hooberus
    hooberus
    So the T-rex and Brontosauraus sinned -sorry hooberus I am sat here laughing my f----g ass off - you guys are good entertainment -next you will be telling me Noah took 850,000 male and female pairs of insects into the ark

My point was that the consequences of mans sin is what resulted in death into the entire world. For the "850,000" claim see: http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v19/i2/animals.asp

• Satanus
    Satanus

Hoob

If by "G-d" you were referring to the God of the Bible

Nitpicky. The bible god is a jewish invention, for cripes sake. Jews do the g-d thing, for whatever reason. It's their god, after all. Maybe they will deinvent him soon It's their right, doncha think?

S

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi SeattleNiceGuy,
    Yes, I do know exactly what it says. It is a fair and balanced article and it does not support intelligent design. What it does is it exposes a falicious argument that is used all of the time by those who oppose creationism. So be it! BTW, Merry Christmas.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

Dear P.O.,
    All of the early scientists were 'religious types'...in fact practically all throughout history have been so! Many today are as well. Please be careful removing your foot from your mouth. Have a Merry Christmas!
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit