money money money

by PoppyR 22 Replies latest jw friends

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

Society's idea of charity is to help their own, and they don't apologize for it; however, the real charity really comes from the R & F. For example, the R&F offer their labor and in many cases their resources. The Society makes arrangements for supplies, building material etc. but, it is understood that when the homeowner receives money from their insurance company for the repairs than they are suppose to donate or (pay back the society) for the new roof or whatever has been done for them.

If in fact many of these people in need do that, than the Soceity should break even and who knows maybe even end up with a little extra because all the labor, administration and coordination is all done by the R&F.

I don't think I would ever give another dime till I could see a full accounting of all monies collected and paid out. Well, maybe not even than. lol

OC

• juni
    juni

Hi Poppy!

The WT society approves of using credit cards now for donations? I remember a time when the churches started doing that and it was scoffed at by JW. Boy, anything to keep that money rolling in. In the US starting in January '06 credit card companies are going to raise your minimum monthly payments. For many it will be twice or more they will owe each month. I thought the society discouraged the use of credit cards? Guess things have changed. Juni

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

I'm keeping my DD going for another 3/4 months (till the memorial) in order to keep them off my back while not showing up in the KH - concluding fading.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

LDH/Lisa

Would you excuse my while I pick up my eyeballs, I know they are on the floor here somewhere. I can hear them rolling around

THAT has got to be the funniest thing I have read in ages. I just hope I didn't wake the neighbors with my laughing.

• Golf
    Golf

Greetings PoppR. Are there any needy people in your neighborhood, family members or friends?

Golf

• geevee
    geevee

Direct Deposit!!!!! What???? Man I have only been away for 7 months and look what they go and do, obviously some are forgetting to shove money in the www.......unbelievable, then you couldn't forget, just get the bill at the end of the month. Sneaky. Just like Christendom....tithing almost.

• geevee
    geevee

van gogh....Why?

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

geevee,

Seven months out for you evidently is a long time removed from the insanity that still goes on inside:

Not appearing at the KH since two weeks + coming memorial, combined with abruptly stopping my DD is tantamount to DA-ing.

Know what that means when your best friends and your family are all still inside..?

Besides, the word is already out and the bloodhounds have already picked up my scent: an off-the-cuff remark about the GB last week has already prompted someone to contact his/her PO who has promised that person to contact my PO - a guy who is after my blood anyway and who has proven to be a liar in the past, not hesitating to call the likes of me poison - all for exposing his lies and slander. Of course, I got burned badly then. Until you experience it first hand, you cannot imagine it.

You just cannot be straight with these guys... you'll only give 'm the satisfaction to cut off your head.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Donate to Freeminds or this site JWD

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

For the past 5 or more years I have not donated a penny! (since they have not helped me out in my disaster ordeal.... and neither did my congregation)

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/72518/1160548/post.ashx#1160548

Also there are sometimes that when collecting the congregations money, If the money going to the WT is too high, I switch the destination to (congregation collection) so my congregation always has some money in its own bank account

Also read my other concerns:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/75500/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit