Question on anger

by claudia 10 Replies latest jw friends

• claudia
    claudia

Hello everyone, I was wondering how those of you who are so angry
    deal with your anger? I at times am consumed with anger at the wts, and to those who will tell me to just move on, well I did move on but its not so easy to totally dismiss everything when you still have family there. And more so for those who are being looked down upon or being shunned. What advice would you give to keep from feeling anger? Thanks in advance

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I recommend this site, because it deals with the emotions of leaving Jehovah's Witnesses.
    http://members.aol.com/beyondjw/bj.htm
    Maybe it will be some help to you. Some of the articles are very good, and anger is one of the steps to recovery from a cult. I had to deal with it, but the site allowed me to get past it.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• sf
    sf

Anger is one of my finer characteristics.

Do you, uh, yahoo? We release alot of it there at times. It's a voice chat /webcam setup and it's a blessing. Many have built up a support network there too. Please join us sometime. It's just like here...exjws, jws, inactive, fence-sitters, wanderers, misfits, APOSTATES, reporters, cops, teachers, lawyers, etc....

Sincerely, sKally ("wturls" on yahoo)

• Quester
    Quester

Claudia,

I think anger is a necessary part of the whole
    recovery process.

So instead of trying to "keep from feeling anger,"
    I would say have your anger and move through it,
    find healthy safe nondestructive ways to deal with it.

1. Physical exercise helps.
    2. Journaling about it helps.
    3. Talking about it with a safe person who understands helps.

Anger is a stage to move through,
    not get stuck in or avoid/deny.

Quester

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Good Morning Claudia,

I have been in the process of leaving for 20 plus years and I am still angry. I too have close family “in.” It does get less intense with time.

Ros at Beacon for Former JWs has several discussion groups via e-mail that you may find of value. Her site is here: - http://www.xjw.com/ You can also write to her: e-mail: [email protected]

Ros is a kind and compassionate person who may be of some help, if you have not already talked with her. Let us know how you are doing, please.

Warm regards,

Sam Beli

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

ANGER IS AN ENERGY
    -----------Public Image Limited

ANGER IS A GIFT

------------Rage Against the Machine

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Claudia,

I was thinking you went through a divorce? I did. Incredibly angry for the first couple of years, tried not to show it in front of my kids. But when I was with other grownups, particularily having the same background - then it would come up and up and up...... It got to the point where we could laugh or make fun of our x's (which I'm sure they did to us too, being x's). I think the jokes, etc., were a mixture of humor and anger.

Surprisingly, my x called me last year, after not speaking with him for 20 years (since my divorce - he never took the initiative to see his 3 children). He was tired of "his woman" and wanted to come this way "for lunch." Would I be interested. To my shock - I was pleasant with him - really! I told him how good (cough) my present husband is, etc., etc., and no thank you.

Years ago, I would have ripped his head off through the phone. But I've not had contact all those years, and a long time to process my anger and it slowly, mostly, died.

When the WTBTS takes our family's natural affection from us, and we feel it time and again - it's different. It's there to hurt us for the rest of our lives. I'm not in the situation as a lot of others jw's are in - I would assume as Sam said, the anger will continue - but will lower in intensity.

It's bigotry what the WTBTS preaches to it's "untrained volunteer" masses.

waiting

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2

I play video games to manage my anger..nothing like guttin a virtual person to make you feel calmer. And they come right back to life so you can do it again! great fun.

-Dan

• Babykins
    Babykins

It took me 5 years to work through my anger. You have to allow yourself the time to be angry, but have the goal in mind to get over it or the anger will consume your life and limit your current relationships. It may even destroy them, as it nearly did mine.

Once I got past the anger(not saying I dont still feel the hurt and anger at times) It made my life so much happier. It actually felt as if something was physically lifted off my shoulders.

I had alot to be angry about. I am shunned by both parents, parents-in-law and a sister. As well as numerous so called "friends". I know what some of you are going through and anger is all a part of it. As well as confusion and a sense of loss. Let me know if any of you want to just "talk". I am here to help and support in anyway I can.

Babykins

• JUSTAMOM
    JUSTAMOM

Greetings to you

I completely and totally understand your feelings. My husband and I and three sons came out 3 1/2 years ago. Literally over night. (actually in a week) met with our elders. Of course, you know the outcome. We appealed it. Met with six elders and you now the outcome. We prayed to be used to give a witness, plant a seed or two and HOPE that someone see through it!

So far, NO GO!

But we lost EVERYONE inside on both sides (just about). My sons lost their grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, friends etc.
    That completely broke my heart to watch them hurt and cry so bad.

My anger surfaces from time to time now, but I keep it in check. I pray continually for the fruitages of the spirit in GALATIANS of 'patience', self-control and mildness. LOVE, of course.

I am blessed to have my mate. We lost our family business through this. My husband worked with his father and brother. They bought us out as they did not want to work with us. The blesing through it was, we were able to stay home and help our boys heal for three years.

That is where we are now. We have literally been home available for ANY of our family as we live in a small town. We've gone to them, wrote them, and offered our scriptural obligations to our parents, but they don't want it.

So, now we are to move on. How so?
    Well, we have been blessed spiritually. Our boys are doing so much better. Thay actually have a life and play sports and have sleepovers. They are glad to have had us home with them also.

But we must move on as life goes on. Enlarge our territory sort-of-speak. We have replaced the loss spiritually, but not time wise.

So my husband went back to school as we were the generation of 1975 (no education, no graduation)

So far, so good.
    Continually pray for your anger not to get the best of you. We don't want to become "Cains in our heart."
    It is their loss. They will know that one day. We must continue to do what they raised us to do. Follow truth and live it! Be the example they told us to be. Not the hypocrites they are!

Hope this brings some encouragement to you
    We are here for you
    JUST A MOM (Kim)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit