Finally got scans of the new blood card

by PoppyR 46 Replies latest watchtower medical

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

woohoo. all that posting has accomplished something, I'm finally just Junior and not newbie!!! Yes ok, simple things please simple minds..

Poppy x

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm going to design an apostate blood card. You've inspired me.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Well done Poppy.. I have had some scanner problem so I could not borrow my wife's blank card and put it up.

Struck me that .. a dub may at the moment feel they do not want any blood products at all, I am thinking of the older ones perhaps who have been well schooled in the idea that "Blood is the most dangerous treatment that we have" ..

But how does that one feel if they have sufferered an accident, life is slipping away.. Now, they would know that the Society say that they can have it, some respected brothers do agree to it, with no spiritual comebacks..

If that were the case, would they still hold out against a life sustaining "fraction".. I wonder?

Trouble is, if they are not conscious, it is too late for them to change their mind..

Ballistic I have started wearing a medical alert pendant, the type that has a written message inside. I discarded the original and made one that says that if my J W wife feels unable to consent to a necessary transfusion for me, then that is not my wish; and if my life is threatened i will accept what they want to give me..

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Interesting also that this now is being filled out only ever 4-5 years.. not each year as before

I have shredded my copy!! Hubbie brought one home for me, but no way!

poppy x

• ballistic
    ballistic

Here you go , I've got too much time on my hands...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/104207/1.ashx

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thanks Poppy! I hope someone will post the US version of the document soon.

• blondie
    blondie

If you are a fader, DA'd, or DF'd with JW spouses or JW family, it would be good to draw up a healthcare power of attorney. If you do want to receive blood products, this will protect you from a JW making a decision for your healthcare. On occasion, a JW will acknowledge your decision, but most will be conflicted. There are also other health decisions, such as being resuscitated or not (Terry Schiavo for example), that would be good to put in writing.

Blondie (has hers on file with doctor, clinic, hospital, people acting as HCPOAs)

• Jourles
    Jourles

Those sneaky bastards. If you note carefully, the wording in section six/seven is almost a catch-22. On the one hand, you probably wouldn't have any reason to not allow your emergency contact to have access to your medical records/status. The emergency contact is usually your spouse or a parent. But, they add the "and/or" and also list the HLC. Very sneaky indeed. It reminds me of that dumbass congressman from Alaska (Stevens-R) who tried to pass that bill which included money for soldiers and Katrina victims but also attached to it the allowing of drilling for oil in Alaska(ANWR). It is almost the exact type of situation here with the new blood card.

• Bryan
    Bryan

You're right on Jourles!

Bryan

• greendawn
    greendawn

They have to be very naive to accept a potentially lethal doctrine from an org that has a history of almost total unreliabilty when it comes to soundness of doctrine. They are for ever changing/deleting their own doctrines. Do they ever really know what they are talking about?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit