I noticed a subtle difference in Topics...it's fascinating!

by Gill 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Ozzie you are by far the best administrator I have met. I hope to meet you soon in person, maybe have a beer or two?

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I have been reading posts here since this past summer ,then last month took the plunge and joined in the discussions. It has helped my mental health so much to finally have a place to talk freely w/o concern someone will turn you in or judge you for an opinion. I have been wondering if you long time posters have seen a large increase lately ,or is there alot that come and then go ? The advice here has been so helpful in my case. I have been slowly fading ,but still attend some meetings.Recently the blood issue was raised since my JW sister may need open heart and wants me to Stay as her No blood agent . This has caused me to come forward to my husband about my stand on the blood issue .At first he was really upset w/me, but we finally had a heart to heart ,and using advice from some here I handled it very gently.Come to find out he was more worried I was leaving him than me leaving being a JW. After confirming our relationship is on solid ground he is begining to be more open to me about his doubts, and even is missing meetings w/me. Time will tell . When I look around the hall ,when I go ,I'm astonished to see how truely gloomy Jehovah's' joyful' ones are. No wonder the added newbie's here!

• Dansk
    Dansk
    To all you Newbies and Faders 'Welcome'.

I concur

Ian

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Our experience is that the borg is losing!

Again, I concur!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

It's hard to tell the difference between a genuine trend, a seasonal trait, and an anomolous bump, but I too get the impression that there have been many more newbies than before. Dontcha just love it!!!???

Thank you T.S.! For the fist time ever I almost feel home.

And comments like this are WHY we love it. You are indeed very welcome and wanted here David! You've got a different way of looking at things, and being different here makes you fit right in! Dave

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    I have been wondering if you long time posters have seen a large increase lately ,or is there alot that come and then go ?

I have definitely noticed a lot of new people coming in and posting. Very few who here and post and go then back. Really - very few. Freedom from the WT controls loses it appeal pretty quickly once people get a tatse of it.

...my husband about my stand on the blood issue... .was more worried I was leaving him than me leaving being a JW. After confirming our relationship is on solid ground he is begining to be more open to me about his doubts, and even is missing meetings w/me. Time will tell .

Now that is excellent news and reason for hope

When I look around the hall ,when I go ,I'm astonished to see how truely gloomy Jehovah's' joyful' ones are. No wonder the added newbie's here!

That was definitely me hiding under a mask of "happiness" What was hiding under my mask was a heart of sadness and a suicidal mind.

• Gill
    Gill

This is all really good news when we see so many Newbies. If the Watchtower starts to crumble at its feet, as more and more of the R & F wake up, then it won't be too many years before the Tower crumbles, once and for all.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Whatever the FDS does they can't control the internet access of their R&F,and what they think or do while surfing, talking in chat rooms and forums, IMing, exchanging e mails.

The fact is that as soon as someone begins to have serious doubts they will turn to the internet for more info and they will soon discover the truth about the WTS.

• metatron
    metatron

The most powerful change I have witnessed on this and the original H2O board is the absence of deep doctrinal debate!

I believe this is very significant. Why? Well, we used to have long posts in which every aspect of Watchtower teachings were

carefully picked apart - and refuted. Eventually, all the Watchtower apologists gave up and left. Now, doctrine is barely

discussed at all.

I believe this is a critical transition in which Watchtower beliefs have evolved into a purely arbitrary status. It's all "because

we say so". The Watchtower itself follows this same pattern, avoiding all deep disproofs of their teaching and 'dumbing down'

whatever fills the vacuum. This is interesting.....

metatron

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Metatron,

There may be a few reasons for the lack of doctrinal debate:

1. The "Best of" contain past topics.

2. There's quite a bit elsewhere on the internet that people may have read through and come to a conclusion about. (This applies to me.)

3. WT apologists don't seem to be very welcome here. If they can't convince people of their viewpoints, why bother. They just "shake the dust off" and move on.

4. The apologist may be heeding the counsel to avoid internet sites such as this one.

5. Many of the current threads might not appeal to WT apologists. IF there's a lack of meaty topics, they don't engage.

6. They're all hanging out at touchstone.com and jehovahsjudgment.co.uk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit