I noticed a subtle difference in Topics...it's fascinating!

by Gill 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

I started reading and joined this forum over a year ago.

To me it was then, and still is a wonderful freedom that I'd never experienced before, having been trapped in dub land my whole life. I was totally alone with my husband on our thoughts of the WTBTS and had NO idea so many people felt the same. Mainly I read and discussed things on how 'we' all coped now that we were well into our fades or had already escaped completely. There were a few still trapped in the Watchtower, but really just a few.

However, I'm very happy to be able to say that I've noticed a subtle difference in the content of Topics now.

There are many more Faders who are happy to talk about their experiences still being trapped in the Watchtower and planning their escape. Also, there seem to me to be many more faders, Full Stop! So, the Watchtower ban on the internet has NOT worked. Instead, it is gradually freeing more and more captives by trying to squeeze them into an impossible mould. Well done Watchtower!!

To all you Newbies and Faders 'Welcome'. Also it's fascinating to read your posts and see how things are developing in the Watchtower. Keep posting!!!

• ballistic
    ballistic
    To me it was then, and still is a wonderful freedom that I'd never experienced before

Here's to freedom...

Yes, we are completely free, that does not mean we have no values or morals. I've met some fine standing people from off this board. The bottom line, I've met some damn good people. But we are free. For instance, at this time of year, we are free to celebrate Christmas, or we are free not to, and no one here will hold it against you whatever you choose.

• Gill
    Gill

Morning Ballistic!

Isn't it wonderful, to not have anyone Judge you, and report you for how you feel or what you're doing!!!!!

It's not like we're out robbing banks, commiting heinous crimes or anything bad, we're just living. I too have met wonderful people, who in the past I thought were all Evil and doomed.

Life is good out of the Watchtower.

Here's to Freedom!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I think it's a snowball effect. Hearing about the experiences of some people encourages other people to come forward with their story as well. And some people that are helped wish to give back to the board that has helped them to escape the truth too.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

i sure intend to.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Gill:

Very interesting and encouraging comments.

I too have noticed changes happening. I've been here since early 2001 and have seen JWD go through many changes, welcoming so many new posters. I miss some old faces but have grown accustomed to new arrivals who have contributed so much.

i get the impression that there's been almost an avalanche of new posters lately and they've contributed a freshness that reawakens within some of us oldsters the 'fire in the belly'.

Our experience is that the borg is losing!

Cheers, Ozzie

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Gill:

Very interesting and encouraging comments.

I too have noticed changes happening. I've been here since early 2001 and have seen JWD go through many changes, welcoming so many new posters. I miss some old faces but have grown accustomed to new arrivals who have contributed so much.

i get the impression that there's been almost an avalanche of new posters lately and they've contributed a freshness that reawakens within some of us oldsters the 'fire in the belly'.

Our experience is that the borg is losing!

Cheers, Ozzie

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

okay ozzie, we get it... lol, j/k

alright all you newbs. from me as well... WELCOME!!

TS

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Thank you T.S.! For the fist time ever I almost feel home.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

My participation here tonite is such a ***************** ; i dunno what on earth has hapened to my machine!

I can't even delete. (my posts, that is!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit