Some Witnesses Enjoy Witchcraft!

by metatron 51 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

I guess I've just been naive.

I was surprized to find that some 'super loyal'
    Witnesses I know have been practising witchcraft.
    Of course, they'd never call it that - It seems that
    when various illnesses arise you get out an assortment
    of homeopathic 'medicines'. You then present them to
    the ill person and note if any of the tiny pills "hops".
    (I'm not making this up). Alternatively, the person
    may develop a feeling for one pill bottle or another
    --- or an pet may somehow signal a preference for
    one medication needed by their master.

One of the nut-ball elder's wives (who avoids anything
    related to ghosts, smurfs or Harry Potter) told
    people this worked because of bodily 'electric fields'.
    Well, I figure a field strong enough to get pills
    moving in a glass bottle probably would involve a
    lightning strike!

I've heard of herbalists, chiropractors, and other
    fringe types - amidst Witnesses get involved in these
    spiritistic experiments without ever catching on
    to what they're really doing.

just one more piece of evidence, to me,
    how screwed up these people are

metatron

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

In Oklahoma there is a Jehovah's Witness woman who looks into a person's eyes and can tell what is wrong with a person. She sells herbs and other crack pot medicines to these people after they have been "diagnosed". I watched her in action, she shines a flashlight into your eye to make the pupil small, and then "reads" the colored part of your eye. If this was a good idea, medical doctors would do it. It looked like witch doctor medicine to me.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

Hi Metatraon and Jayhawk1,

The things you've described sound like 'magic' not 'magick' or spellcraft and crackpot is definitely the right word. However, herbalists and chiropractors are not spiritists. There's a lot to be said for holistic medicine [in conjunction with modern medicine of course] and while I don't doubt there are some loony chiropractors out there, I've used them for back problems and their methods do work.

Live long and prosper,

Silverleaf

• waiting
    waiting

In Columbia, SC, there is a very, very *spiritually strong* sister and daughter combination who breath herbs.

They also practice "water witching" and a system where a person takes some pills in his hand, then raises his arm. Someone else will try to lower it. The amount of resistance shows what disease the person has.

Of course, there's appropriate names for these practices.

The "look in the eyeball for cancer" thing has been around for decades now. JW hairstylist wanted to look in my eyes around 1978, man, I was outta there.

waiting

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

Where im from, it seems like all the sisters in the hall believe in that halistic medicine stuff. Whenever i laugh or show any thought to the fact that it seems utterly crazy, they look at me and treat me like im the idiot. Hmm, yea, I have a highly deadly desease, im gonna take some herbs instead of this proven medical cure...not. Hey Waiting, I think my mom went to that lady before, freaked her out when I brought to her attn, just how witchy that all sounded. She began takin the "medicine" she was prescribed and got even "sicker". lol

• Kismet
    Kismet

A elder in a congregation outside of Toronto was removed for his 'spiritistic medical practices. He was an unlicensed practitioner of holistic medecine.

I agree that many Witnesses still fall for this type of diagnostics.

As far as the looking in the eyes... there is a science call Iridology saying that each portion of the eye represents different parts of the body. Discolorations, rings etc indicate trauma, past illness etc.

It is as recognized as accurate as much as reflexology is by some. reflexology is teh claim that parts of the foot coreespond to parts of the body and by massaging or stimulating the nerve endings on the feet or hands you can promote healing in the various parts of the body.

Kismet

• Princess
    Princess

You are all going to get in trouble when Mulan and Venice get back from camping. They know all about this stuff. We even did a little palm reading on our camping trip!

Princess

• waiting
    waiting

o poo, princess. Your momma don't scare me..........

As for the "eye thing." I agree, it might/might not do some good. But the woman I was referring to had absolutely no schooling on the subject, had just received her "eye looking thing" (box & instructions still on the kitchen table) and just that morning (!!!) had diagnosed another jw woman with cancer. I know - she told me so.

In between hair cuts, that is.

Not that it really matters, imho, but she was an elder's wife. Ahhhh, the wife of an "untrained volunteer" diagnosing cancer at her kitchen table just as "untrained" in her speciality.

waiting

• Okidok
    Okidok

Hi metatron.(metatron appears in the book of Enoc)
    So this is what you are calling Witchcraft?? LOL

What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
    Woody Allen

• ChuckD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit