Some Witnesses Enjoy Witchcraft!

by metatron 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

Lauralisa, yes, I've read Andrew Weil. LOVE HIM.

Thanks for a great post. Very balanced. It seems to say it all.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)

• Introspection
    Introspection

Then again, sometimes you have nothing to lose. What if conventional therapies have already been exhausted? Sure, you can choose to "accept your fate" and prepare to die, but I would want to do what I can. If I'm going to die then I don't think I need additional affirmations to that effect, and since I don't have all the answers I don't know that I will die for a fact. The last sentence here also seem to imply that non-mainstream treatment options are always performed by people who have no credentials or those who aren't doctors. This is simply not the case. The "health food store chit-chat" brand of self-treament does not constitute all of alternative medicine. The problem is while the accepted mainstream treatments have been tested, it's only what all the doctors know. While there are loose cannons which are in the minority, those on the cutting edge are also a minority because they are ahead of the rest. The challenge is in recognizing who they are and what those therapies are. It doesn't take much to recognize what everyone else already knows.

As long as one's life doesn't depend on it - then experimentation is wider. When one's life depends on it (as the sister I mentioned did) - then I, imho, will go with the doctors and surgeons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit