JW's 'tattling' on each other - an ugly culture.

by Gregor 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

This thread seems even more a true picture of the JW's today than when I posted it 5 years ago. The focus of tattle tales today are remarks that could indicate a "mentally diseased" member of the group. Sexual misconduct, etc. used to dominate the traffic in gossip, now it is based on comments or attitudes observed regarding those who have apparently stumbled into the easy availability of intelligent and justified challenges of the ever changing "Truth".

"Beware of those who spend a lot of time on the internet."

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I am guilty for tattling, this was about a girl I liked and he was close friends to her (they attended the same book study)), I asked if they were going out repeatedly which he denied, eventually I made a move (not much of a move), she didnt want to speak to me and he said she was not interested. It turned out they were secretly going out, she would just show up at his place un-invited, now we had been buddies for years, what upset me was he didn't trust me, lied and made me look like a tool. he also had like a double life so people in the truth thought him to be very spiritual while with I always found him to be normal.

Jealousy got the best of me, I told a truth he trusted me not to tell anyone, he owned a plastic replica of a semi-auto hand gun that fires palletes, and its illegal in this state to own one, so I told one "sister" and the rumour spread like wild fire. He's father being an elder perhaps helped, he didnt loose any privileges, the helder (his father) spoke to me after a meeting in a small room, asked if new anything about this, I lied, the elder trying to explain that a pallete gun isn't any different to a water gun, I lied and denied any involvement. I could have made the situation a lot worse by going straight to the police but I didn't.

Now that a look back, I wish I didn't waste any time in jw girls, politics or the "truth".

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh good grief, Joey!

I can't believe that people actually got turned in for owning guns.

I had a BB gun, pellet gun, and a .22 pistol when I was a kid.

They were controlled by my dad, so I could only play with them under his supervision.

Couldn't touch them any other time.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises
    its illegal in this state to own one

Well, the guy was doing something illegal in the first place, let against JW rules. He was lucky that no one turned him into the authorities.

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

White Dove: Australia has had very tight gun laws ever since the Port Arthur massacre. You can only own riffles, police and special detectives can have anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit