Colts coach Dungy's son found dead

by LDH 20 Replies latest social current

• oldflame
    oldflame

Well there goes my predictions for the super bowl

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Oldflame....who gives a flying f*** about the Superbowl when these people just lost their son. Sheesh. Would it kill ya to show a hint of compassion?

• joelbear
    joelbear

unfortunately it seems he committed suicide. maybe he felt he couldn't talk about how he felt. one thing i know for sure, if you feel like committing suicide, talk about it, it relieves the pressure just getting it out of your head.

The death of Mr. Dungy's son is certainly sad, but there are a lot of sadder stories occurring daily that don't get nearly the amount of media coverage that this story has received. Mr. Dungy's son made the choice to die and carried out his own wishes. I feel much greater pity for those who needlessly die without a choice, such as U.S. servicemen sent to their deaths in Iraq by King George, as well as the thousands of Iraqis slaughtered by King George's orders. The casualties of the Iraq war get very little coverage, since since these individuals are not related to American sports or Hollywood celebrities. But Americans and Iraqis, among others, are being slaughtered daily in Iraq. I guess it would be "Un-American" to focus media attention on the plight of the victims of the Iraq war and their families, as it could expedite the erosion of support for this sickening chapter in American history.

As for Tony Dungy and his family, they should be allowed to grieve without the massive media coverage and press intrusion in what is a painful episode in their lives. I hope they can escape the media spotlight long enough to allow them to grieve in whatever manner they see fit.

• LDH
    LDH
    The death of Mr. Dungy's son is certainly sad, but there are a lot of sadder stories occurring daily that don't get nearly the amount of media coverage that this story has received. Mr. Dungy's son made the choice to die and carried out his own wishes. I feel much greater pity for those who needlessly die without a choice, such as U.S. servicemen sent to their deaths in Iraq by King George, as well as the thousands of Iraqis slaughtered by King George's orders. The casualties of the Iraq war get very little coverage, since since these individuals are not related to American sports or Hollywood celebrities. But Americans and Iraqis, among others, are being slaughtered daily in Iraq. I guess it would be "Un-American" to focus media attention on the plight of the victims of the Iraq war and their families, as it could expedite the erosion of support for this sickening chapter in American history.

It's a good thing you're on this board to remind us all that he is not the only human being who died yesterday!

LDH:

What kind words, so consistent with the character you've exhibited on this forum.

• LDH
    LDH
    What kind words, so consistent with the character you've exhibited on this forum

Wow, a psychologist too!

How JW of you, to confuse an online 'persona' with the real thing.

The thread was not about Iraq. It was about the premature death of what appeared to be a very nice young man. If you want to start a thread about Iraq, have at it.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Although this is indeed terrible news, 144,001 presents an excellent post. How many of us have heard this news about the suicide of this boy but know little about the number of fatalities from the Iraq war? It's all about the programming!

Wow, a psychologist too! -- LDH

Apparently you're in need?

How JW of you, to confuse an online 'persona' with the real thing. -- LDH

Your conduct on this forum, including personal attacks on all those who dare to disagree with you demonstrates that some people can leave the kingdom hall without the kingdom hall ever leaving them. Your "online 'persona'" is sufficient for me; I'm absolutely uninterested in whatever the "real thing" is about.

The thread was not about Iraq. It was about the premature death of what appeared to be a very nice young man. If you want to start a thread about Iraq, have at it. --LDH
    I never tried to hijack this thread or "start a thread about Iraq." Notwithstanding your assertions to the contrary, it's rather clear that I was merely pointing out that the media coverage of this young man's suicide was excessive in light of the gravity of other world events, a point that apparently flew right over your head.
  • LDH
    LDH
    the media coverage of this young man's suicide was excessive in light of the gravity of other world events

I'll try to remember that the next time a JW youth dies also dies of a self-inflicted wound, ie, no blood transfusion. It's just one person, after all, and it will also be a self-imposed death sentence.

And I'll hope the media's coverage of that event won't be 'excessive' in light of the gravity of other world events.

Lisa

First take the rafter out of your own eye, Class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit