DECEMBER 15 WATCHTOWER;IS THIS AN ACCURATE STATEMENT?

by badboy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I think that the end of September/beginning of October is the start of the Jewish year.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Wow! So Jesus was a Libra! Just like me!

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Libra-

Have a wonderful judgement, not partial, good to restore peace and harmony around them. Like to mix with people and participate to many social activities where they can show their talent and charm.

Elegant, with a svelte body, soft eyes that show their goodness. They have a natural charm.

Lack of aggresivity, high social values, hates conflicts. Doesn't like to act by themselves but ask the help of people around them.

They are the artists and judges, lawyers of the zodiac.

That's our Jesus alright!

• jschwehm
    jschwehm

"And all this time I thought it was October THIRTY first." Actually, that is MY birthday. But Jesus can share it with me if He wants to. Jeff Schwehm www.catholicxjw.com

• LDH
    LDH
    They got a thing for October

Yes they do. My mother loves to prophesy whenever something bad happens in October.

• jgnat
  • AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am certainly no scholar on these matters. But when I read the gospels I cannot find anything close to six months elapsing between Jesus first miracle [after his baptism and 40 days fasting] and the first passover he had after. and we know he was excecuted right after the forth Passover he celebrated after baptism.

Seems to me that there is about 3 or 4 months missing here. SInce the Tower asserts that he was thirty at the time of baptism - why could his ministry not have been about three years and a few weeks? If so, maybe he was born near the end of December?

I am sure I will get corrected here - but I just can't find support scripturally for 3 1/2 years - only three years and a few weeks.

Water to wine miracle - [few weeks pass] - Passover #1 - three years pass - Passover #4 - crucified. = 3 years and short.

Jeff

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit