Theo van Gogh - welcome

by Country_Woman 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Thanks again for your welcome!

AlmostAtheist, Americans and American culture are just fine with me save the Neo-cons of Bush and the Theo-cons from Brooklyn (isn't there a similarity though..?).

Greendawn, you were born six weeks after me... Actually, I do not spareth the brush from hitting the canvas once in a while. I spent a couple of years in St. Albans, Hertfordshire.

Pretty misspeaches, judging (though beyond judging, I hope) by your avatar/pic you won't be sold on BS anymore for a long time to come.

You have quite correctly understood the rumors about the extraordinary beauty of my country - It cannot be emphasized too much, I'm afraid. Now, can I trade it for yours then..? Please..? I so much more enjoy the sun. I spent a couple of years in Adelaide by the way.

Stillajwexelder, when you visit this great country again, drop me a line.

Fullofdoubtnow, as far as life in general is concerned so am I... as far as bOrgylon is concerned, I passed beyond that stage in a surprisinly short time indeed.

Legolas, I guess you're a woman of few words and strong convictions. I tend to get a bit verbose at times. Please forgive me.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I like your way with words - the last time I saw the word verbose was on an exam paper - mine in fact, followed by an exhortation to be more succinct!

Welcome to the board my friend!

crumpet

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Hi Crumpet. Thanks for welcoming me.

Calling a lady crumpet without risking a slap in the face is new to me.

Always enjoy your posts, succinct indeed, though still colo(u)red with a cheerful touch of British warmth.

• hideme
    hideme

Hi Van Gogh

Welcome.

I prefer Vincent. He's my favourite artist. And I didn't like Theo.:)

• greendawn
    greendawn

Van Gogh, as you noted we were both born in 1961 at about the time when the world was in danger of getting blown up due to the cuban nuclear missile crisis. Was the Devil angry because some very important people came into the world at the time, LOL?

In April 1961 there was the failed CIA backed invasion of Cuba, Castro asked for nuclear weapons from Russia which came and from October 1962 the crisis started and ended in late November that year.

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Thanks hideme. Guess for you too the little house on the prairie didn't turn out to be the safe house you - judging by you previous posts - probably always thought it was. Are you by any chance hiding in my (former) cong..? (I'm afraid I can't reveal here where that one is though.) Call me Theo if you like. Veel sterkte.

You are getting me quite worried here now greendawn... You reckon the Bay of Pigs invasion had anything to do with us..? Now, since they failed, would that actually explain what happened on that fateful 40th birthday I still wasn't celebrating back then..? Go figure. I'll have to check my armpits tonight for the Mark of the Beast. Let me get my Daniel book out now...

• LDH
    LDH

Van Gogh,

Welcome! Do you have both ears?

• Van Gogh
    Van Gogh

Yep LDH!

Both ears were there all the time - Both eyes were missing for all this time though.

Popped them back in recently. Found them rolling around somewhere ever so close.... Just like you did yours...

Theo Vincent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit