JW Boycott Feb 06

by yaddayadda 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

There is an issue with this idea.

If you are still going to meetings and decided to boycott any JW activities you could conceivably be "outted" The WTS will have a heads up about it and could be on the outlook for posters here that don't show up for a month.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Ben, around here JWs do mainly service jobs such as landscaping, window washing, cleaning, construction, etc. Those are small businesses that we can all boycott.

The only retail operations I know about owned by JWs are things I wouldn't buy anyway--embossed bible covers, bookbags, etc.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Hey, that's a great idea. I can hardly wait to start. Oh, wait, I've already started. I may have to start again, so that I can stop in February.

• Stealth
    Stealth
    If you are still going to meetings and decided to boycott any JW activities you could conceivably be "outted" The WTS will have a heads up about it and could be on the outlook for posters here that don't show up for a month.

If Richie Richie has not been "outted" for his antics on this site, don't you thing that one getting outted for missing a few meetings is being a bit paranoid?

• rebel8
    rebel8

She didn't say it would probably happen, she said "it could conceivably".

• Dune
    Dune

I dont think something like boycotting small businesses would really do anything.

They'd just take it as persercution. But if it makes you happy, then by all means.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ahhhh as far as I know Richie isn't the only person here who still goes to meetings

I am just suggesting a bit of caution

• Stealth
    Stealth
    She didn't say it would probably happen, she said "it could conceivably".

I never claimed that she said "it would probably happen" But she did say...

The WTS will have a heads up about it and could be on the outlook for posters here that don't show up for a month
    Conceivably, if the WTS is on the outlook for posters here in an effort to 'out' them, then conceivably Richie Richie would have been dead meat months ago.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit