The Elders Are Trying to Break up my relationship. HELP!!

by Proteus 31 Replies latest social relationships

• greendawn
    greendawn

If I may ask why are the elders continuing to harass you even after you left, were expelled, from their org,and so they have no authority over your affairs in life?

• garybuss
    garybuss

You couldn't get me to marry a Witness woman if you threatened to shoot me with a bazooka.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    If I may ask why are the elders continuing to harass you even after you left, were expelled, from their org,and so they have no authority over your affairs in life?

I am wondering the same thing. You are no longer Jehovah's Witnesses. If they threaten you with the carrot of being reinstated 'soon' if you comply with their desires then what does that tell you about the religion? It sounds just like the Jewish religion during Jeus' time.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Proteus, welcome to the forum!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

LOL @ garybuss! (<--- really, ballistic. LOL. It was funny, damnit! )

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

I know what you are going through. My advise is to 1) Stay Calm. (Something I have difficulty doing when confronting elders.) 2) Read the comments from your friends here.

Remember that the scriptures are so powerful that they can be used to overturn strongly entrenched things. The elders in your congregation (and in others) are taught what is in the WTS publication and their thinking is entrenched in those books and mags. It is hard to use a scripture on them because they don't really know what the scripture means.

How do you get an elephant free that is stuck in the sand and you only have a spoon?

One spoonful at at time.

The wife and I would love to meet you and your fiance sometime. Stay strong.

P.S. Don't show her this site yet. She's not ready.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

What really makes me barf is that the Elders are far more likely to be convinced that you should stay engaged, by arguments from the Jewish law that was abolished by Christ.

Argue from christian principles of love or honesty, and you might as well give up now.

ARE JWs Christians or some sort of crypto-fascist jewish sect? Do you want to marry into that? Romance fades.

HB

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

No experience with relation-s**ts due to medical celibacy(ulcerative colitis) except once i had a supermodel 22 y.o. sister chasing me when i was a young buck same age and it was wrecked by the elders from The Wilmot Flat New Hampshire Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses 1979 because theywere jealous

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    How can I save my relationship and still keep my dignity by not giving in to the elders pressure??

You gave away your dignity already by panting after a woman who will do anything her mother says. These type of women do not make good marriage material, unless you likewise have the same viewpoint as your potential wife, that you should do what *her* mom says. If you marry this girl, you will be marrying the mom too. If you don't care for the mom or her personality, or the control she exerts over her daughter, do yourself and your fiance a huge favor and walk away from the whole situation. Bad marriages and subsequent divorces are painful both emotionally and financially. It will be difficult. But doing the smart and best thing usually is. In hindsight you'll be so glad you did.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit