The Man of Lawlessness

by Desino 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

First we would have to know what "lawlessness" is really. Is it bad?

• ffoeg
    ffoeg

The "man of lawlessness" is identified in a letter to all Jehovah's Witnessess in the attached post:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/11/103843/1.ashx

regards

ffoeg

• a Christian
    a Christian

As I understand things, "the man of lawlessness" which the apostle Paul predicted would come to power after the deaths of the apostles was the collective leadership of what would become a largely apostate Christian church, a church which would later come to be called "catholic." These apostate church leaders, by wielding their self-created, self-serving, false doctrine of "apostolic succession" (by which they claimed to have inherited all the authority which Christ gave His apostles, as well as the right to pass that authority down to their successors) have been able to successfully command the obedience and devotion of billions of Christians for nearly 1900 years. Ironically, though these apostate Christian leaders have managed to gain such religious devotion for themselves by claiming to have "succeeded" the apostles, the apostles themselves never commanded any such reverence. For they knew that such obedience and devotion has always been reserved for God alone.

• heathen
    heathen
    For they knew that such obedience and devotion has always been reserved for God alone.

Yah know it sounds like a bunch of old people in brooklyn .They always state that obedience to them is obedience to God . To me they are the evil slave that keeps beating their fellow slave because the master is delaying . How many WTBTS have the constant cry to do more ? Like they make all these rules that only good dubs would obey . Don't tell me they don't go beyond what is written as well ......They totally lack a repentant attitude as well .

• oldflame
    oldflame

That almost sounds like G.W.Bush

• greendawn
    greendawn

A Christian, I agree with you that most of the ealy Church leaders at some time got corrupted out of a vain desire for personal power and glory (this has nothing to do with doctrine development) and this after all became totally obvious by Constantine's time.

However the protestant religious leaders fared no better and certainly the JW leaders themselves fall in the category of the man of lawlessness and they are indeed a classical example of this vile mentality.

They are very smart indeed because despite their hysterical protests against the man of lawlessness they are part of him.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Oh how hindsight, through a vail of preconceptions, can lend mystery to simplicity.

You'll be seeking Gematric references to the WTS next...

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

It is ok though, I hope that soon they will make no further progress, Like Baalaak, who had they donkey set him straight. their madness wil be known to all.

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• heathen
    heathen
    It is ok though, I hope that soon they will make no further progress, Like Baalaak, who had they donkey set him straight. their madness wil be known to all.

I doubt that . I don't think they can undue the wrongs they have done over the blood dogma . They constantly boast in themselves and show no humility , if anything they have gotten worse than any other time in history . Their history is an embarrasment altogether. I'm amazed they have 6million followers after all their false information was crammed down their throat with no room for dissention . The apostle Paul always encouraged free speech but when those that spoke falsely were made manifest then they were reproved or removed if they did not accept the reproof . I think the running of the church was far more diplomatic in the first century than what we see today in the BORG . Today the message is , don't even think about challenging our beliefs or we will instantly remove you .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit