The Man of Lawlessness

by Desino 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Desino
    Desino

Have anyone thought who is matching best to this description of the man of lawlessness? The slave class, is one I can think of since they made many additional rules, that not has a solid scripturally ground, about what is right or wrong for a Christian. Did Jesus told his disciples how to cut their hair or how they should practise sex within marriage? (I mentioned a few, the list is exhaustive). It's God who decides what is right or wrong. Not a self-appointed Slave Class. Remember, when Jesus supposedly should inspect the slave class in 1918, it was still serving polluted spiritual food. Would he chose a slave class serving unclean food?

2. The slave class claim in the watchtower, that they are in the inner courtyard of Gods temple. (sets himself up in God's Temple). Ref. WT 1978 Okt. 1.

2 Thessalonians 2

The Man of Lawlessness

1 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by some prophecy, report or letter supposed to have come from us, saying that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don't let anyone deceive you in any way, for (that day will not come) until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness [ a ] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

I appreciate your comments

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Well, I would say they would then say the "man of lawlessness" was in fact 1 man, and the "slave class" many, to protect themselves. Where is the "faithful and discreet slave" ever described in the bible as a "class"? Are they also the "Spirit of Truth" Jesus foretold coming? How can the "spirit of truth" be evil?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nero, or perhaps more likely Vespasian?

LT, of the "Modified Preterist" class

• greendawn
    greendawn

I would say the man of lawlessness is a collectivbe of persons that existed continually in time from the apostolic church to our days and have as their major characteristic the subjecting of the Church to their own interests, ie they sacrifice the interests of the christian collective to promote their own.

The leaders of the WTS fall in exactly that mould eg they have totally marginalised those that they call annointed so as to hold all teaching authority in their hands and as a result they made grave mistakes that went unchecked and uncorrected by the 8000 "annointed". One can discern the form of the rapacious wolf in Brooklyn. They are a law unto themselves.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Bear in mind that they thought they were living in the last days 2000 years ago.

4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

It sounds much more like the Caesars, and the destruction of Jerusalem. Let the reader use discernment.

• Desino
    Desino

You are right greendawn. The Governing Body in WTS have made a law to themselves.

Another point is that they have exalted themselves above God, in the way they use authority over the lives of JWs. I am here mainly referring to the awful Blood doctrine, that has caused the premature death of many Jehovahs witnesses. No, where in God's word is it mentioned that you cannot use Blood to preserve life. All God's laws are based on Love and wisdom. The shunning of family members that are disfellowshipped. Thinking of the emotional impact, to be cut of from family. Clearly not all "laws" from "the discreet and faithful class" are that.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Stand back from the cult that affected you personally and you will see that it really is miniscule and insignificant.

Even if there is a modern day interpretation to those ancient words, it's highly unlikely to refer to the WTS.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

LittleToe....Don't forget Caligula....he wanted a statue of himself placed inside the Temple...

• heathen
    heathen

Sounds exactly like the WTBTS to me .

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

Even if there is a modern day interpretation to those ancient words, it's highly unlikely to refer to the WTS.

The verse that best discribes the JWs is Luke 21:8 NASB

cover

D Dog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit