The Man of Lawlessness

by Desino 36 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Desino
    Desino

The scripture just triggered some thoughts. Yes it could be Ceasar

I don't think one should focus so much on the word Lawlessness.

• greendawn
    greendawn

LT your interpretation is interesting but if we see the whole context on the man of lawlessness Paul says that the mystery of lawlessness was already in operation but someone, apparently he, was blocking its development. Not likely to refer to the emperors who had after all instituted emperor worship from the days of Augustus, before the coming of Christianity.

As for the destruction of Jerusalem and its temple we know it was directed by God Himself to settle a big score with the Jews. He used the Romans for the purpose.

• Desino
    Desino

My question is: Who is the man of Lawlessness today?

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think that it's all those that use christian religious authority in a perverted and selfish way to promote their own interests while provocatively ignoring God, and that includes the WTS leadership among many others. They have no real desire to promote a spiritual culture as they should be doing but only to serve their bellies.

According to others he is a certain vile individual AKA as the antichrist that will appear in the final days to oppress all real Christians.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Do you think they will ever be openly exposed to everyone?

• heathen
    heathen

I'm thinking myself that since the apsotles also wrote that it would be due to the increase of lawlessness that the love of the greater number would cool off . So imagine the love of the great crowd cooling off because of the current leadership in the WTBTS . I've been seeing the articles that they at times wish to appear as the mediator then at times want to be seen as God . They keep saying it's obedience to them that can lead to eternal happiness .

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Well, does it?

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

How could it lead to eternal happiness, when the world around them is so messed up, and their children have nothing to look forward to execpt a hard road and watching a bunch of people die around them? People they love at that!

• heathen
    heathen

Apparently not . Most j-dubs I've known are miserable hypocrites . I would not consider myself in pardise should I find myself having to live with them the rest of eternity . Jesus said , " I am the way , the truth , and light of this world . Salvation is through faith in jesus christ not in a book publishing corporation .

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hmmm... i wonder who this Man of Lawlessness could be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit