• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I didnt know what winter was until I moved to Indiana

• rocky220
    rocky220

no.....uh, hell no!!!!!...........i wish i live here.... rocky220

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I like some things about winter, same as all seasons, there is the good and the bad. I almost always feel cool/cold, except in the humidity of summer - so the cold is something I have to deal with.

But I love to snowmobile, toboggan, and this year we are trying dog sledding. We have a cabin up north - no running water or hydro and we spend atleast a long weekend there a month in the winter. Almost everything is done outside - I cook over a fire, melt snow for washing up, lots of snowshoeing etc. It is so beautiful when it is snowing up there - no dirty roads to muck up the pristine white snow! But, yes, six months is too long!

BB

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Love it Love it Love it!

I love all the seasons. I can take -70 and 110+ degrees. However, I don't like my heating bills $400-450 a month!

Brookie

• JH
    JH
    $400-450 a month!

I pay $550 total electricity for the whole year !!!

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    If there is a new system, and if I'm in it, I'll live eternally south.

Jeez JH, why wait? You have the power to move to a warmer climate if you so choose. You are in a good possiton to move to NZ, Auz, or any of the brittish commonwealth WARM countries!

We're moving to Hawaii in 3-1/2 years. Just ain't happening fast enough for me.

• JackC
    JackC

We never did until we dumped the bOrg. First winter we haven't needed to defrost our toes every Sat & Sun. First winter our kids are getting presents. I'm lovin' winter:)

J

• Panda
    Panda

We lived in Wis for several years. We had to buy our heating oil by the gallon. Yep scrape up enough $$$ for heating for the night (after spending $$$ on gas to go out in service all day) Yikes I detested those winters.

Now however we live in south south Texas and 60 to 70 degree winter days are just fine with me. We did have snow last Christmas eve. Now that was fun!

So winter depends on the longitude and latitude ... now winter in the US means summer down under --- that sounds pretty good too.

So below freezing temps for 6 months NO ... 60* for 6 months, priceless.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i do not like winter. i do like looking at snow from the warmth of inside but that's it.

• delilah
    delilah
    Hi JH....I like to watch the snow falling, and I love to walk in it. I love the beauty of it, as it lays on the trees and fences, and on top of the Christmas lights....but after Christmas, it can take a hike!!! I much prefer warmer climates.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit