by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

I moved to florida to get away from winter

last year we had a brutal winter

all 3 days.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I love autum and fall. I HATE winter! I have S.A.D.S. (winter depression) and with FMS I hurt with the cold rain. 40 degrees and drizzle is not fun for me. This winter is a little worse as we haven't planned a warm sunshine break.

The good news with it being officially Winter, is that they days will now get LONGER! Yay! It gets dark here at 4:15 and light around 8am. Double ugh. Hurry up Spring - don't be late!

• JH
    JH

It's not that I HATE winter, but I find it very long and dirty.

No sidewalks to walk on, because there is 3 feet of snow on them, so you have to walk in the street, then the slush gets the car all dirty, inside and outside.

Then it's expensive to heat, and so on.

I wouldn't mind if we had snow only 3 months a year, but 5 to 6 months is too much for me.

If there is a new system, and if I'm in it, I'll live eternally south.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The change of seasons throughout the year is agreeable it makes life less boring. I like the relatively mild winters of Britain, mild thanks to the Mexican Gulf stream, but if temps fall much below zero degrees celsius I suppopse it's not so nice.

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

I like winter, the air is fresh and clean and kills a lot of nasty germs and pollution. Skiing and ice boating are great sports. I equally like every other season too.

The nice thing about seasons is that they always end, and they all hold HOPE for something different at the end, even if it's just a better climate!

willow

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    I moved to florida to get away from winter

I did too! For fifteen years! And for some stupid arse reason, I moved back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

I live in Wisconsin, So I better like winter. Atleast somewhat. White fluffy, fresh fallen snow is so beautiful, skiing and sledding are great. However by the end of Feb. I'm ready for some warm weather. Winter lasts too long.... that is the only downfall.

I got a 4-wheel drive truck and a snow blower this year ( finally, after living in Wisconsin all my life) so that makes it more bearable!!!

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I personally love winter because Gary does all the shoveling and stuff...though I have been known to throw a few handfuls of sidewalk salt around (to guard against Brookie suing us if she falls). But this winter has been grueling with the death of Gary's dad and I've got the cold from hell (going on 4 weeks now and the Dr. says: "It's just a virus. Live with it")!

But I wouldn't ever want to live in a warm climate where there are possibly large spiders, scorpions, snakes, alligators, tidal waves, hurricanes, etc. Just give me the occasional tornado. AND...I wouldn't trade fall for anything warm. Besides...I hate to sweat.

mumsy

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Hi mumsy!!!!! I had that stupid cold for 2 1/2 months, so hang in there! I love to see the snow fall, but just hate the cold

• fairchild
    fairchild

I wouldn't mind if we had snow only 3 months a year, but 5 to 6 months is too much for me.

Exactly, that is the whole point, really.

Winter is just starting and we have already gone through MORE than TWO months of snow. Good luck waiting for spring by the end of March.. it just doesn't happen that way up here. We usually have snow in the mountains here untill well into May. Actually, since I moved up here 14 years ago, so far there has been ONE month I have not seen bothered by snow, and that is July. I have seen snow in all the other months of the year.

My first winter up here was wonderful beyond words. I felt like a kid all over again. I had never seen much snow to speak of, only the kind that goes away after an hour and leaves a black slush before it turns to mud. So, being in the snowy mountains was like visiting the North Pole. I loved every second of it. During the second winter, the fun had worn off, but I could tolerate it. The third winter was annoying, just plain annoying. Fast forward to today, winter number 14.. I hate it with such a passion, I can't even put it into words. I have been considering moving to a more southern state, but the problem is that it is extremely beautiful up here, and the summers are gorgeous. Every year I say I'll stick it out one more winter and then see what happens by next fall. At this point, I would probably move if I had an opportunity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit