Arranged adultery

by Lady Lee 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Just when you think you have heard it all some new lunacy comes along.

The last few nights on TV I have seen these ads for Ashley Madison. It is a dating service specifically geared to people who want to cheat on their partners.

Ok I know people do it. But what the heck is this?

From the website:

Does Ashley Madison encourage infidelity?

No, Ashley Madison does not encourage anyone to stray. In fact, if you are having difficulty with your relationship, you should seek counseling.

However, if you still feel that you will seek a person other than your partner to fill your unmet needs, then we truly believe that our service is the best place to start.

At Ashley Madison, you can communicate with other like-minded adults who may be more sympathetic to your circumstances. You never compromise your safety, privacy or security and will never have to reveal your identity unless you choose to.

You can go at your own pace and change your mind any time you wish.

They continue:

Why does Ashley Madison offer an outlet for people that don't care about their spouses?

Unfortunately, stereotypes about philanderers abound. Most unfaithful people do care about their spouse and will take steps to work out their problems.

Our role is to keep them from taking unnecessary risks while they explore the feelings that got them to our website to begin with. Helping individuals stay safe and anonymous impacts the potential outcome of their decisions.

I can't think of one good reason for a service like this.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I doubt it is good reasons that the persons who visit such a site have in mind.

AuldSoul

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's amazing what people can think of to make money, here they try to exploit the unmet needs of a spouse. One wonders if the person that set up this agency would like his/her partner to use such services.

• anewme
    anewme

Despicable

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I wonder if a wronged spouse could sue the website for proving the means of a court case for contributing to "alienation of affection"

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Perhaps if there are unmet needs a little communication is in order? If not then perhaps you were not meant to be together in the first place.. I find open relationships abhorrent enough and that is with the other person being aware..cheating..well..I cant think of a more grievous wrong in a relationship.

• serendipity
    serendipity

There are some spouses who aren't interested in sex and have given their parters the ok to pursue sexual relationships with other people.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Gross and disgusting. Sickening and putrefying! I can't believe what some people will do!!!!

by the way, you left off the link.

• skyman
    skyman

Sick and wrong!!!

But I know a brother that only four years ago was flying around the country giving talks at special assemblies and was considered one brother that would never doubt the BORG. HE is and was one of my best friends after about three years of trying to convence me I was wrong about the BORG he was one of the Elders I showed my Blood letter to most of you have seen my post about that. He was at my house last month and his wife emailed him a nude picture of an naked woman (MAN THE LADIE WAS GOOD LOOKING) and in the email said hurry home for your treat I am giving you. He told me that he has never been happier and see nothing wrong with it as long as the wife allows it and says the men of old had thousands of women and most were not their wives but concubines.

He convinced my wife that it is all right. BUT I WOULD NOT EVER DO IT WITH SOMEONE ELSE> BUT my wife says as long as I let her know and allow her to be there it is OK>

TRUE STORY!!!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    by the way, you left off the link

I know. I wanted to make sure I wasn't contributing to

my wife says as long as I let her know and allow her to be there it is OK

OMG. I can't believe that. Well I can. But ewwwwwww.

Now some people who know my history and that I commited adultery to get OUT of my marriage might say I shouldn't be appalled by this.

But I am.

Firstly, I didn't do it and stay married to him. I did it so he would not harrass me after we were separated and claimed I still had an obligation to provide the "marital due™" It was a one time event and gave me my scriptual divorce from an abusive man who was an elder.

Secondly, I think it is so wrong to cheat on one's spouse. If you don't love them enough to be faithful then leave!

And thirdly, even though I did it for a particular purpose I don't recommend it. At the time I felt like the WTS was giving me no other options. I was still a believer and was not yet DFed. The damage this did to my self-esteem was tremendous. How I saw myself took years to overcome. I treasure my ethics, values and beliefs. This just went to against everything I believe in. I got the freedom from the marriage that I needed but the price was very high.

The idea that someone thinks this is a good idea just really sucks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit