JWs and paganism

by Super_Becka 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

OK guys, I've been contemplating the world of the JWs - which isn't an especially good idea because the more you think about it, the less sense it makes - and the whole "we don't do anything pagan" thing is really getting to me, just because it's so hypocritical.

So what I'm looking for is this - a list of any and all pagan practices that are just fine, according to WTS rules and regulations. Anything big or small that's not banned by the WTS but clearly has pagan origins.

And to make myself clear, I'm not looking to argue, I'm not looking to irritate any of the JWs we have lurking around here (sweetscholar comes to mind), I'm just looking for a list, plain and simple.

Let me start:

1.) Windchimes

2.) Owning cats (let's face it, the ancient Egyptians worshipped cats, that makes them pre-Christian, or "pagan")

3.) Eye make-up

How many can you guys come up with for me??

Thanks!!

-Becka :)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Wedding rings

• bavman
    bavman

Ties, Wedding rings...

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Pretty much EVERYTHING in a wedding ceremony- the wedding veil, bridesmaides, flowers etc.

Pinatas

Saying "Amen"- This was used by ancient Egyptians to evoke a super secret god.

Shoot- Even our current calendar is based on pagan beliefs and practices.

• Sirona
    Sirona

The western calendar, wedding traditions such as white dress, best man, "giving away" the bride, bridesmaids, wedding rings, feasting after the ceremony, dancing after the ceremony, flowers as bouquets, etc.

Pagan "decorations" as stated in a watchtower / awake which suggested that some pagan decorations were OK *as long as* they were not considered pagan where you lived (honestly, they did print that).

Sirona

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Shaving.

• Sirona
    Sirona

JWs print that pagan decorations MAY be OK: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/16618/1.ashx

• atypical
    atypical

Sacrificing children to the god Molech, I mean, NoBlood.

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

Pinatas-AW 03 9/22 p.23-24

• metatron
    metatron

The Watchtower has been busy accumulating pieces of paper with symbols of the occult printed on them.

( the one dollar bill - with the all seeing eye pyramid)

Algebra is heathen too. Invented by Muslims ( al jebra)

The days of the week are pagan - Monday ( Moon day) , Sunday , Friday ( Fria's day)

The months are pagan - August ( us) , June ( Juno) , etc.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit