2 elders came for a visit

by Goldminer 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I have just left the org. after 26 years. I would like to make the point that the reason it is hard to leave the org. is because there have been good and faithful slaves mixed with the "evil" slave. For instance, Russell did not want an organization that is ordering you what to believe and how to dress, etc. He was given truths from the bible that the other religions honestly don't have. Such as that Jesus isn't God, no hellfire, no immortality of the soul, no priests, no man to be called father, the ransom, the paradise earth, kingdom being a government, etc. The other religions are really in darkness as to doctrinal issues. So in comparison, JW's seems to be the true religion. Also I believe Ray Franz and some of the others that got disfellowshipped were faithful slaves. But with the wheat growing in among the weeds, it's hard for your wife to understand that the org. is evil now. Like this scripture...

Math. 24:48 But if ever that evil slave should say in his heart, My master is delaying, and should start to beat his fellow slaves and should eat and drink with the confirmed drunkards, the master of that slave will come on a day that he does not expect and in an hour that he does not know. etc.

Maybe you could approach your wife with the angle that the organization does have truths that no other religion comes close but like all good things, man corrupts it because of their need for power. What do you think???

• Sheepish
    Sheepish

Actually, one of the things I learned after leaving the witnesses was that there are other denominations that have many of the same beliefs...just not the controlling priest class atmosphere. Church of God 7th Day and Assemblies of Yahweh for two.Very similar in a lot of ways. I mean if you don't want to research the doctrines that they insist are the truth (hell,Christmas etc) for yourself, there are other places out there as sincere and limiting as the witnesses.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

One thing I find interesting about all these 'elder visit' stories is how poorly-equipped EVERY elder in each story is to handle questions such as the ones brought up in this story. I think many times they are blind-sided because they have no clue that there is even an issue w/ 607. Most of them have no exposure to the 'past' teachings except for the 'information' put in the current publications about teachings back in the day. The society does not prepare them in ways to defend these teachings for fear of raising more questions than necessary in the mind of the elders they are trying to indoctrinate. You almost feel sorry for them. I wonder how they would feel if they knew that, as a group, they appear to be so clueless and blind to those of who share these experiences. I'm sure they assume that the 'experience' will be isolated to at most a few close friends....of course, we are a 'few close friends'...lol.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit