Profile of the New Awake!

by Severus 34 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    AuldSoul P.S. Why is only one person sinking? DUH! The other guy knew where the rocks were!

LOL! Really and truly, LOL!

I love it. :-)

Dave

• sf
    sf

Maybe it's because I'm online so early, but this thread is hysterical!

sKally

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think they finally realized that the Witnesses have had enough of articles about the history of (instert stuipid object here). More than that, they realize that AWAKE! plays no important role in their ministry in America and other English speaking countries so they are cutting it back. It's part of what I feel is a slow change they are making to try and make themselves know as the "Bible People" instead of just magazine peddlers. Of course, this will never work because for this to happen they have to quite putting focus on these magazines!

• minimus
    minimus

Awake! publishes "factual information". Where's AlanF???

• metatron
    metatron

When do they hit bottom with this spiral of dumbing down? The average reading grade level associated with Awake writing

seems to be sinking fast. They're kidding themselves if they think they can downshift into just using the Bible at the doors

- that would require a preparation opposite to the dumbed down path they're sliding into.

metatron

• atypical
    atypical

JoJo - you just made me laugh so hard I choked on my coffee!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    It will appeal to all honest people of all lands.

lol... I love it when people say this about their writings. Basically it says: "If this does not appeal to you then you are a dishonest person."

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

severus, thanks for posting this. Very interesting.
    I was wondering if you might be willing to post the contents of the YPA article from this Awake. I believe it's on the subject of self-mutilation ("cutting"), which has been a topic for discussion in the past here on jwd. If you can post the article, would you please do so on a separate thread? Thanks so much.
    tall penguin

• rocketman
    rocketman

I think my IQ just dropped 20 points...

Same recycled pics too. Looks like the Greatest Man book photos got pulled from the 'ol archives once again.

• LDH
    LDH
    More Bible based content, eh? After the generic apocalypism of the cover articles (all the favorite scriptures are cited: Daniel 2:44, Revelation 21:3,4, Matthew 6:9,10) we see...
    • YPA: Why Do I Hurt Myself? -4 scriptures
    • Mold, Friend and Foe! -1 scripture
    • Off They Go! (geese) -2 scriptures

I am dying laughing here.

Also, it looks like the "How would you answer" page they are trying to do "puzzles." LOL. This is hilarious.

YPA: Why do I hurt myself? Oh I don't know, say 15 or so years of delayed gratification in which none of your needs as a human being are important maybe?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit