Does everyone here know they are on record with JW's forever?

by runForever 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Dear xanthippe, no , he simply had got fed up by the time he got his stuff back, with the whole fight the WT/JW Org bit, and as I say, wanted to just cut all ties, even mentally.
    I say more power to him, he is now just a normal bloke, getting on with life.
    One thing it brought home to me was the weakness of the D.P Law, although they sent back all that they wanted to, there is no proof they still do not hold copies of those documents ( not that they matter in fact), and they simply did not acknowledge the existence of the more sensitive stuff, S77 etc, and there is no easy way to get them to do so.
    As you say, it would be possible to pursue it with Legal help, but again, would they actually destroy copies of files ? who would check up ?

Yes I don't blame him wanting to put the whole WTS nonsense behind him and move on. I suppose a person who did want to follow it up could get their solicitor to write a letter stating that as there were over a hundred witnesses to the statement being read out in the KH then the written copy of the S77 form obviously exists and should be forwarded forthwith etc etc. Headquarters would not know who would be willing to speak up out of those who were present at the announcement would they?

Interesting that they deliberately withheld the form. Shows they are worried about the whole disfellowshipping thing doesn't it?

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Have you all read about JW.Facts attempts to get all of his personal confidential records? It was not an easy process I believe...

It is an interesting story. Check out his website!

jw.facts.....

• sir82
    sir82

The Nazis were meticulous record-keepers too.

Came in hand for the good guys at the Nuremburg trials.

I look forward to the day when the WTS leadership takes the stand. I hope it comes in my lifetime.

• kaik
    kaik
    I know they keep records of everyone who was associated with JWs. Several years ago, there was even a police investigation in the Czech Republic where they subpoenaed several elders on it. They also collect information on people who they studied with in the past. Of course elders were lying about it but I know several JWs has police visits in past several years due violating privacy rule and collecting PII, which is against the laws. There is a filed complaint on Czech court regarding this by social care work for people with disabilities whose data got into JW hands and were constantly visited by them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit