Does everyone here know they are on record with JW's forever?

by runForever 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dera Xanthippe, you are right about the Data Protection Act, the only problem is that it has no teeth if they appear to comply.

A friend of mine sent off for his stuff, and got back quite a lot of Info, including even the confidential Report done on him whilst at Ministerial Servants School, he got great marks ! but what they did not divulge or return, or even acknowledge having, was the S77 Disfellowshipping form, or any other info. they may have had about his J.C.

This info. which in years to come could be quite damaging to a person, they obviously intend to keep in perpetuity, and in defiance of the Law.

It was really this info that he was interested in seeing returned. But, in the end he decided not to pursue them on this matter, and simply to get on with his life, he now doesn't even want to come on here, or even think about JW's

He has DF'd them LOL.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Dera Xanthippe, you are right about the Data Protection Act, the only problem is that it has no teeth if they appear to comply.
    A friend of mine sent off for his stuff, and got back quite a lot of Info, including even the confidential Report done on him whilst at Ministerial Servants School, he got great marks ! but what they did not divulge or return, or even acknowledge having, was the S77 Disfellowshipping form, or any other info. they may have had about his J.C.
    This info. which in years to come could be quite damaging to a person, they obviously intend to keep in perpetuity, and in defiance of the Law. - Phizzy

Did he ask a solicitor if he could do anything else Phizzy?

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant (Matthew 18:
    21Then Peter came and said to Him, "Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Up to seven times?"22Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.
  • runForever
    runForever
    Actually: 21 Then having come to Him, Peter said to Him, “Lord, how often[a] will my brother sin against me and I will forgive him? Up to seven-times?” 22 Jesus says to him, “I do not say to you up to seven-times, but up to seventy-times[b] [and][c] seven
  • runForever
    runForever
    Steve2: yes they keep every single occasion of disfellowship and what the offenses were for as far back as they have paper records.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

Dear xanthippe, no , he simply had got fed up by the time he got his stuff back, with the whole fight the WT/JW Org bit, and as I say, wanted to just cut all ties, even mentally.

I say more power to him, he is now just a normal bloke, getting on with life.

One thing it brought home to me was the weakness of the D.P Law, although they sent back all that they wanted to, there is no proof they still do not hold copies of those documents ( not that they matter in fact), and they simply did not acknowledge the existence of the more sensitive stuff, S77 etc, and there is no easy way to get them to do so.

As you say, it would be possible to pursue it with Legal help, but again, would they actually destroy copies of files ? who would check up ?

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    I think keeping files legitimizes the whole enterprise in the minds of elders.
  • krejames
    krejames
    In the UK an organisation can be fined up to £500k for each breach of the data protection act so it does have some teeth. The hard bit is proving a breach (which is why most fines have been for the obvious security breaches such as leaving unencrypted lap tops on trains etc as they are easier to prove).
  • SAHS
    SAHS
    Funny thing is, any records in the WT database regarding sexual molestation of children apparently take forever to find when requested by the “worldly” justice system – conveniently – but, however, if someone tries to escape from the WT radar or they have any real nastiness on their record, such as having committed clinking glasses in a toast or participating in a birthday or celebrating mother’s/father’s day or smoking a cigarette or eating blood sausage, etc., etc., etc. (i.e., having broken any of the WT’s rules), then, well, it’s amazing just how fast those records can be accessed and used against someone! The pedophilia records are (apparently) enmeshed within an infinite web of data, but your official records of “sin” against the holy rules of the WT get accessed in the blink of an eye. Amazing, isn’t it?
  • 88JM
    88JM

If they are doing it here in the U.K. they must already have their story worked out as regards data protection - I think as long as they can "legitimize" the reasons for holding the data then they are probably in the clear.

It's not like they're unfamiliar with the data protection laws already, after the whole S-8 form debacle.

They probably don't even hold the data in the U.K. anyway - they can probably circumvent it even more if they just upload it to the U.S. branch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit