Does everyone here know they are on record with JW's forever?

by runForever 33 Replies latest jw friends

• runForever
    runForever
    Richard Ashe a full-time Special Servant of the order of Jehovah's Witnesses testified in the Lopez case that every single disfellowshipping and disassociation and other things have all been scanned in 2011 and are and will be on permanent record with JW's forever. Is this legal? Another completely ironic and warped thing is the disfellowshipping form is called the S77 form. Is that a sick joke as in forgive the S(in) of your brother 77 times? Sin 77? wow.
  • freein2004
    freein2004
    S77 Must be a sick joke! LOL Really?
  • Island Man
    Island Man
    Jesus said to forgive up to 77 times. I have a feeling that S77 means "Surpassing 77 [sins]". LOL.
  • SAHS
    SAHS

Regardless of whatever legalities there are, I say who the heck cares whether all the disfellowshippings and disassociations, etc. are to be on the WTS’ permanent records! Personally, I couldn’t care less what some little religious organization has about me in its records. I mean, it’s not like any future employer is ever going to be looking into that when they check out your criminal record or your driving record, or whatever is relevant to offering you a job. As far as I’m concerned, the WTS can write my record in crayon or in real gold or etch it into a stone plaque. Whatever dossier those clowns have on anybody, it’s just something which exists within their own little world. It’s not like the WTS is going to make it publically searchable on Google or something, and the WTS always likes to keep all their records private and secret anyway. Heck, they even try to keep some of their publications secret, such as the elders’ manual, Pay Attention to Yourselves and All the Flock, and the Bethelite rulebook, Dwelling Together In Unity. So, I couldn’t imagine there being any kind of actual liability in the WTS keeping there little secret files on people. They can stick it up their ass as far as I care. Like, who cares?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

rF: the disfellowshipping form is called the S77 form. Is that a sick joke as in forgive the S(in) of your brother 77 times? Sin 77? wow.

I never noticed that little bit of irony. Sadly funny. Thanks for noticing and sharing!

• Suraj Khan
    Suraj Khan

Funny...when I got visited last year in response to a letter of explanation I demanded of the elders, their parting admonishment was, "And don't go to any apostate websites" - which was a complete non sequitur from anything in our (mostly respectful) 15 minute conversation.

Not that I hold they have a bit of power over me anymore, but I found that comment disconcerting. It meant that either they've been having a lot of problems with 'apostate websites' (and oh, do I hate that phrase) - and I have to think they have - or that somehow, someone in the organization is dedicated to marking people here and identifying troublemakers. Not that either of those things is mutually exclusive.

• looter
    looter
    I find it comical when witnesses verbalize they care about people who have "left Jehovah". They do not even care to be polite anymore especially if that person was disafellowshipped. They are so diligent with the brainwashing and incipient recruits they will not care about a few unavailingly futile documents of Satan's adherents.
  • millie210
    millie210

I am on record with them?

Well THEY are on record forever with me also.

Guess which one is worse?

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    Culty much?
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Do they track faders? And if they do - I am not sure what effect it has on me or any other fader. In regards to keeping a file, they have too high a regard for their tracking system.

Unless they team up with Homeland Security, having a name means nothing. Just type in your personal name into Google and you will see how meaningless having a name is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit