I'm sorry, my Secret Santa present will not be delivered before Christmas

by Elsewhere 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I shipped the package well in advance (December 10th), but UPS and Office Depot seriously screwed up!

They promised it would be delivered by the 19th, but yesterday I went to the UPS website to track the package and it never left Dallas!

As it turns out, for a package to be shipped to Canada it must be accompanied by an invoice... but Office Depot, the place that shipped it for me, never attached the needed invoice nor did they even tell me such a thing would be needed!

To make things worst, when the package stalled at UPS no one even tried to contact me to let me know! The lazy dumb-asses at UPS never lifted a finger to simply call me and let me know what was going on! They just let my package sit there doing absolutly NOTHING.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Elsewhere Hopefully you have the problem sorted out and it is on its way.

The cross borders is a bit issue since 9/11. Mine was going to the US. I made sure it had the invoice on the package. But I hate that you have to put what is in the package on the invoice

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

A commercial invoice, right?

They were wrong for not notifying you all this time.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    A commercial invoice, right?

That's correct. I was fussing at the rep on the phone asking why a *personal gift* needed a "commercial invoice".

I was soooo pissed! (Still am)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

And the good news is:

1. I don't live in Canada so this isn't my prezzie.

2. I just saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to geico.

HA!

Sherry

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

If it were my package being shipped, I would not only get the shipping FREE, I would end up with a serious gift card from Office Depot. THIS is when, if I don't get satisfaction being nice, I take on the personal of BITCH

• fairchild
    fairchild
    The cross borders is a bit issue since 9/11.

That is so true. I am in the USA and my publisher is in Canada. We have been having serious issues with getting things back and forth in a timely manner, both letters and packages.

The only good thing is that you CAN track your things and that you know exactly where they are. To be honest, my publisher uses UPS for almost everything and I love it, because I always know exactly when things are going to arrive when going to their tracking site.

On average, it seems to take two weeks for packages to go back and forth between Canada and the US.

• horrible life
    horrible life

I am trying to get a package from Canada, to the US, for me to send to my person in the Western US. I don't think mine will get there on time either. I didn't realize that it would take so long to get here.

I sent an email to see what the tracking number was, and this was my reply. I hope he had the right invoice attached, or it could be sitting in a warehouse somewhere!!!

Hi! No I don't have one. Tracking receipts are only issued if an EXPRESSPOST item. Regular mail does not have one. Your parcel was mailed off to you on Friday, December 9th. Mail to the U.S. via a regular parcel can take up to 2 weeks for delivery. And we're into the Christmas rushh right now too. So hopefully you'll have it by next weekend.
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Maybe on Christmas Day, I will send my person a big suck-up PM. HL
  • Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Some good news this morning.

It looks like UPS has expedited the package and it should be delivered tomorrow... I'll believe it when I see it!

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Oh admit it, your a man, and wait till the day before to do your shopping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit