Campaign to destroy "lol"

by ballistic 37 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm not sure where this idea came from, but apparently it's been discovered that hardly anyone is actually "laughing out loud" when using the term "LOL". lol If they really are laughing out loud, there is something wrong with them (they could be retarded or have a bad sense of humor lol). Please show your support for my new cause in which I attempt to bannish the term LOL from the English language. lol

• seesthesky
  • wombat
    wombat

No way...I just figured out what LOL and BTW means....There's still IOM and BTTW to go.

• Scully
    Scully

You realize that if you destroy "LOL" everyone is going to want a substitute for it. You'd best come up with an appropriate alternative.

lol

• ballistic
    ballistic

I believe ROFLMAO maybe just as deceptive; I just tried typing it while rolling on the floor and it was pretty much impossible without cheating. lol

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    IOM

Do you mean IMO? In My Opinion?

• Dansk
    Dansk
    bannish the term LOL from the English language

Perish the thought!

I've actually typed LOL while genuinely laughing out loud - but then I am a retard!

Ian

• wombat
    wombat

Thank you Dan. I should've guessed it.

• gumby
    gumby

Ha ha is even worse! Some people like to put a "ha ha" everytime they are trying to show they mean it as a funny. Ha ha people MUST be shipped off to a remote island where they will not harm others or influence them I say!!!!!!..lol.....ha ha

Gumlol

• JH
    JH

How about "Smiling Temporarily to something Stupid" or STS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit