10 years ago today...

by funkyderek 42 Replies latest jw friends

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Well done, lonelysheep and Bonnie_Clyde. Yes, it was the generation change, specifically the Sunday when the Watchtower article was studied. As I hadn't prestudied, that was the first I heard of it. Nobody else at the meeting seemed to notice this major doctrine change at all, but for me it was the proof I had been waiting for. It took another six months before I stopped attending meetings, but mentally I was free from then on.

• under74
    under74

happy anniversary FD.

• voltaire
    voltaire

That article definitely had an impact on me. The generation that sees the end was the generation that saw the signs of the last days? Since those signs would continue until the end came, that was a perfectly circular argument. You could be born in 2050, and if the end came in 2100, you would have seen those signs. I didn't leave for another 6 years, but that was a real blow to the structure of my faith in the organization.

BTW, the blood expose that everyone's talking about could lead to similar changes in the organization's doctrine, with similar results for the confidence that ome have in the WT. Let's hope.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Funky,

I had been out for quite sometime when I heard about the doctrine change, I was excited as I waited for the rest of my family to see the light and make an exodus, I'm still waiting unfortunately.

But for you, a very happy anniversary indeed!

• Momofmany
    Momofmany

I swear, my whole family missed that one. They are telling me, to this day, that it never changed. They have no idea where I get my information. *sigh

Sure glad you got out Funky!

• gumby
    gumby
    specifically the Sunday when the Watchtower article was studied. As I hadn't prestudied, that was the first I heard of it. Nobody else at the meeting seemed to notice this major doctrine change at all

That's how blind these poor bastards are!

The biggest doctrinal change in our time.....and nobody noticed. Amazing. I remember being floored by this article as I was on my way out about then also.

Happy Anniversary bro! Lets twist one up and celebrate!!

Gumby

• luna2
    luna2

Happy Anniversary, FD!

That was the article that really upset me too...but, as you say, nobody seemed to even blink at it. I thought I was weird for thinking it was important and went back to sleep for another few years. Glad you were smarter than I and got out sooner!!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

An 80 year old doctrine gets tossed to the wayside and hardly a ripple. They say that shows how much in unity the Organization is. I say that show how effective Pavlovian conditioning is.

Glad you made it, FunkyD!

AuldSoul

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Hey, sometimes Jah's celestial chariot needs to do a U-turn. Where's your faith?

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

I was far too bored at the meetings to notice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit