Older women, younger men <edited>

by serendipity 24 Replies latest social relationships

• ballistic
    ballistic

When I was in my early twenties I dated women around 30 and now I'm over 30 I am dating younger women. I thought that was how it worked??? You get all your training in when young, then it's your duty to train young women.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

I have always been attracted to older women.They have always liked me,as well.I don't know if it is somehow connected to my upbringing,self esteem,or just how I am.I have always been ahead of the curve for friends my age,espescially since leaving the org.I try not to put labels or expectations on our relationship.Sometimes my male ego has trouble dealing with the fact that I am not her main focus.I try to realize that It isn't me ,and have to be confident and not come off as needy.My old girlfriend ,who was a year younger than me,really loved me and I didn't appreciate that.There are benefits and drawbacks to my situation,its can you balance them,and be secure,but also not try to play head games and act like"I don't need this old lady"or say"I'll show her".Just be yourself,be a friend above everything,and realize it may never be "a normal relationship".Although time will tell anyway,so enjoy the ride,and have no regrets,which I don't.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    However you might find a very young guy (ie25 or less) a bit uninteresting, unstimulating and possibly overexpecting. But dont get hung up on a number, if you have some lovely guys getting in touch and you like what you hear, then go for it. And also dont be put off by horror stories on internet dating. I have met some LOVELY people I've spoken to online and not yet had a bad experience, just use your head and good luck!! And come back and tell us all the gossip!!

Awesome advice, PoppyR!!!

• hopelesslystained
    hopelesslystained

growing up as a jw and observing the couples in my kh, by far the happiest, most loving couple i observed was were she was 10 yrs older than him. this had really impressed me. i forgot all about them until later. i started to realize after divorce that i attracted younger men. don't get me wrong, i dated all ages, but the younger ones were the most adoring and loving. i had no time for anyone on a serious level till both my kids were adults and out of the house. well during this time a 19 yr old fell in love with me, i paid very little attention as both kids were still home. a couple of years after they were both off to college and on their own i felt the need for a commited relationship. guess what? there was my 19yr old all grown up, alittle experienced and still waiting for me! we have been married now for 12 wonderful years! he is 17 yrs younger. well that's my experience. we have recently made friends with 2 couples who have met on-line and married. all seems to be working for them. their ages are close to each other. i think the most important thing is to be very clear on what *you* want and need and accept nothing less. best of luck! hope

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ha I've always been with older women. Not to down youngers, but I find older women usually have their head on straight and are more intellectually stimulating.

Like the Ronnie MacDowell song: “Older women are beautiful lovers”

An older woman who is still hip… magnifique.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Just watch out for cobwebs.

• cheezy
    cheezy

Two things: (OK, 3 things)

1. I met my honeybunch on-line - it is a great way to meet!
    2. My son is 24 dating a woman 35 - I have no problem with that.........
    3. ....unless she wants children before her clock winds down - my son is not ready! So it isn't really an "age" thing, its where you are in the life cycle
    4. (OK 4 things) Life experience trumps age - and good advice was given "know what you want"
  • ballistic
    ballistic

Life experience trumps age
    I speed read that as life expectancy trumps age... now that would be talking old.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Age and cunning will overcome youth and skill.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar
    Ha I've always been with older women. Not to down youngers, but I find older women usually have their head on straight and are more intellectually stimulating.

Like the Ronnie MacDowell song: “Older women are beautiful lovers”

An older woman who is still hip… magnifique.

Thank you, baby. I'm a lucky gal.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit