Questions for JWs

by larc 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

**Now, if my logic is correct, why should you spend any time in field service? Wouldn't it be better to leave everyone alone? They would have a better chance of making it to the new world that way. If you mess up, their blood is on your shoulders. If you never talk to them, you are blameless.**

LARC:

I came to the same conclusion years ago! It was one of the reasons why I left the bOrg. Such a waste of time and resources - ultimately only benefits the WTBTS.

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• MrMoe 2
    MrMoe 2

Absolutely GREAT point. Never thought of that. My big hang up is the children. If it is an issue of grwoing up to be like thier parens, I would be more than happy toraise EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM if that is what it takes. I get upset just thinking about it.

• joelbear
    joelbear

No one lives through Armageddon except those that stand with Jehovah against Satan's world system. Every human has to make a choice as to which system they support.

Those who die before Armageddon without hearing about Jehovah's Sovereignty and arrangement for being saved will be resurrected for sure into the new system where they will be taught "the truth" and have a chance to accept it or reject it.

The fate of those who have heard "the truth" before Armageddon and died before Armageddon and rejected it is a bit more murky. I've not heard a specific conclusion drawn by witnesses, perhaps You Know can help us out there.

I'm not sure how a witness would figure that the billions of people in China, India and behind the Islamic Iron Curtain will have the opportunity to hear and understand the complex prophecies regarding the end of the world and the choice they will have to make when the great tribulation starts if the end is anywhere soon. The choice has to be made before Armageddon comes. When it comes, it is too late to swap sides.

The truth has been preached in the western world for 129 years now and there are still people who don't have a clue as to what Jehovah's Witnesses believe. Again, I am not sure how they can make an informed decision when the time comes.

But, I agree with Larc, that as Yadirf and You Know point out, we are unfortunate enough to have been born Jehovah's Witnesses or to have agreed to a Bible Study, thus setting ourselves up to be judged much more harshly. The smart ones just avoid the JWs and hope for death before Armageddon. Clearly it was unlucky for us to be born in a time and in countries where there are a lot of JW's and your chance of exposure was greater and thus your chance at harsher judgement is greater.

Ignorance is not only bliss, it is now a surer path to everlasting life.

yugs

Joel

• Stealth
    Stealth

Like most JW's who begin to study our families are the first persons we want to share our new found "truth" with. Now if our family members reject this message then they will be destroyed forever in the big "A". However if they die before Armageddon they will receive a resurection.

So wouldn't it be the loving thing to either not tell them, because they might reject it and die?

Or if our family did reject the message would it not be the loving thing to kill our family members now so they will have life everlasting?

Who of us would not do anything to ensure everlasting life for our entire family and loved ones. Telling them the message of this Religion would almost certainly lead to your belief that they will be destroyed if they do not accept your new religion.

Sounds like cult mentality to me.

• borgfree
    borgfree

We were always taught, "this good news of the kingdom must be preached in all of the nations for a witness and then the end will come"

Am I the only one who thinks the Watchtower is loosing ground, that the population has been increasing faster that the Witnesses preaching?

Also, Does anyone else think that the 144,000 must surely have been filled long before the Judge shut the door on heaven in 1935?

The WT teaching is wrong about surviving armageddon, the bible says "he who believes in Me (Jesus) has everlasting life"

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

OK, God is omnipotent, correct? God is love, correct? Why wouldn't he, for the sake of efficiency and accuracy, just make a general audible announcement that he's going to end the world soon and anyone who doesn't shape up is going to get the ultimate ass whipping?

Why would he want to use lazy assed JW's, who are more interested in counting their time than saving people, to do such an important work.

Because, the whole notion of preaching the end of the world is folly. It makes no sense. The world will end when either our sun burns itself out, or a giant meteor hits the earth or one of the other planets in our solar system and pushes it out of it's orbit.

• JT
    JT

either the aug 1 or 15 wt states that the end is being held up to give SOME OF YOU and it ref active jw the time to get thier act together- you know reg meeting attendance, out in service and commenting at all the meeting and then the end will come\

when i showed it to my wife she just fell out- her we go again the end is being held up due to the faithful jw not getting thier act together- i will look up the exact quote when i get home

but it reminds me of freddy franz comment about 1975

due to the jw community wanting it to come so bad - they made jah change his mind

blame the poor rank and file for wanting somethng that the wt promised would be here long ago.

just a good side point- when i first came to the net someone had did a search on how many times the wt has used the words

SOON - NEAR - SHORTLY- AROUND THE CORNER- IN THE CORNER- NEAR THE CORNER- AT THE CORNER, ETC SMILE

and the point they made was that by using such phrases so often and for so long they had literally taken all the MEANING OUT OF THEM

jame

• proplog2
    proplog2

The purpose of the "witness" work is specifically to generate a "new" nation for god to work with. This new nation, made out of people of all nations, is used to illustrate the benefits of separteness from the world. God's chosen ones survive. There is nothing in prophecy that indicates the "great tribulation" destroys everyone on earth except JW's.

The chosen one's discern the meaning of "the disgusting thing that causes desolation" and determine the opportune time to flee "Jerusalem".

Daniel indicates that quite a bit of the Earth's governments surive the clash of the King of the North (Beast) and it's rival the King of the South. Daniel 7:11,12 "I kept beholding until the beast was killed and its body was destroyed...as for the rest of the beasts, their rulerships were taken away and there was a lengthening in life given to them for a time and a season."

The fact that others besides the "separated ones" (whether JW's really are these or some other group???) survive are indicated in Daniel 7:14 "And to him there were given rulership and dignity and kingdom, that the PEOPLES, NATIONAL GROUPS AND LANGUAGES SHOULD ALL SERVE EVEN HIM." ALSO Daniel 7:27 "And the kingdom and the rulership and the grandeur of the kingdoms under all the heavens were given to the people who are the holy ones of the Supreme One. Their kingdom is an indefinitely lasting kingdom and ALL THE RULERSHIPS WILL SERVE AND OBEY EVEN THEM".

Governments and people will have to survive the catastrophe of the Great Tribulation, otherwise this verse couldn't be fullfilled.

The only entities that are thrown into the Lake of Fire during armageddon are the Wild Beast and False Prophet. Revelation 19:21 says "the rest were killed off with the long sword." The long sword doesn't picture eternal destruction as the Watchtower has claimed. Notice in Revelation 6:8 that Death and Hades (common grave) kill with a long sword. Those killed with a long sword get brought back to life. The birds, according to Rev 19:18 eat those slain with the "long sword". Among those slain are the "small ones and great"
    These ones are seen again at Rev 20:12 "And I saw the dead, THE GREAT AND THE SMALL, standing before the throne and scrolls were opened...and death and Hades gave up those dead in them and they were judged INDIVIDUALLY according to their deeds." Justice is finally carried out based on the behavior of each individual... but during the judgement day AFTER armageddon.

If you believe in the Bible then you ought to be looking for a community of people who are separate from the world who might fullfill the role of "holy ones". Or you can ignore it all and get your day in court at some future time.

• trevor
    trevor

The requirement for life is supposed to be faith. Those resurrected into a new world would be able to see the evidence for themselves and would not need faith. The things hoped for would be there to see. It all seems a bit unfair.

Still when were fairytales ever fair?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit