Questions for JWs

by larc 18 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Dear JW,

I have some questions. As I understand it, if Armageddon came tomorrow, those that never heard the truth, in such places as India or China would either live through Armageddon or die and be resurrected. Now, if this is the case, why is there any ergency in getting the message to them. Isn't this a case of, "ignorance is bliss" Why put them in the position of having to make a choice when they can be in Paradise and figure it out from there. Now, if my logic is correct, why should you spend any time in field service? Wouldn't it be better to leave everyone alone? They would have a better chance of making it to the new world that way. If you mess up, their blood is on your shoulders. If you never talk to them, you are blameless. That's how I see it.

Now regarding Armageddon, why is it important? If it wasn't going to happen, would you behave differently than if it was? If so, you are trying to fool God, which is a hard thing to do, and you are living out of fear for the immediate fate that may befall you. Any thoughts on this, brothers and sisters?

• SlayerLayer
    SlayerLayer

Excellent questions larc, that I've often wondered about myself. It does seem to me that the loving christian thing to do would be to make sure that they have everlasting life. Wouldn't not going door to door be a sure fire way of insuring that?

Slayer

• larc
    larc

Slayer,

Yes, I think so, and therefore the entire Witness effort is for naught.

By the way, your picture looks just like me when I was 17 years old. Now, at the age of 60, I look more like a grizzled old geezer. But you know what? I don't give a dang; my heart is young. You know what? I am sure glad I took Charles Tazes advice. I have been pioneering for a 122 years now. Is life good or what?

Sorry for the disconected themes. I just felt like rambling a bit.

• Jim Lad
    Jim Lad

I can't count how many times I've heard : "If Armaggedon came tommorrow...." AAAArrrrggggghhhhh!!!

• philo
    philo

Good points Larc, the preaching is ultimately for the furtherance of the WTBTS, or rather for the furtherance of the preaching. Telling the 'good' news 'for the sake of the good news', a typically circular process; it's not about people at all. Individual JWs preach for their own salvation.

philo

• Quester
    Quester

The way I always understood it is if you
    are alive when Armaggedon comes and you are
    not an active faithful Jehovah's Witness you
    will be destroyed with no hope of resurrection
    because it is God's war, God doing the destroying.

And even the active faithful JW's only get a
    "probably" be concealed in the day of Jah's
    anger.

Never made any sense to me when I actually
    thought about it.

That creates a fear-based relationship with God,
    not a love-based relationship.

Quester

• larc
    larc

Well,

The way I understood it is that if you had no opportunity to learn the truth, then if was not your fault, and you would find yourself in the new world.

• AngelofMuZiC
    AngelofMuZiC

Larc,

Good questions and good points. But I think the idea that the WTS is going with is this: Those who have already died, without 'coming to an accurate knowledge of Jehovah' are the ones who have the opportunity of being resurrected, during the thousand years. There is an urgency about the preaching work because the WTS's interpretation of the scriptures that state that Jehovah's name will be made known to people of all the nations, and then the 'end' will come....is a literal interpretation. Personally...it's either a bunch of outright lies, or it's extremely misdirected good intent. I don't really believe a word of it. But I can answer your question, because as a former dub, I asked this question a few times. I hope I clarified at least a little.

My Regards,
    Joanne

• Quester
    Quester

Larc, you must be up the same time as me.

You wrote: "The way I understood it is that
    if you had no opportunity to learn the truth,
    then if was not your fault, and you would find
    yourself in the new world."

Yes, I agree with that statement.
    If you die in ignorance, BEFORE Armageddon,
    jw's will say that you may be resurrected.

But this does not apply to those alive when
    Armageddon comes. JW's say that the only
    survivors of Armageddon will be active faithful
    JW's--and even that is only a "probably".

Quester

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I can still remember, after a series of Watchturd articles when I was about 14, realising that all my schoolfriends (such as I had with my illicit AD&D playing (sad but fun, anyone play Baldur's Gate here?) would die and it would be MY FAULT. Guilt inducing pestilential bollocks.

It's kind of typical Borg doublespeak. "IF anyone DIDN'T know, then they would pass through ARmagedon, BUT it seems from the Scriptures that ALL WILL KNOW, so only those following God's word (US) will survive".

Oh, and I love the mixed metaphor larc!! "their blood is on your shoulders". I think that's 'x y z hands' or 'guilt x y z'!! I time that all the do. No, no shats a tpoonerism...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit