January Kingdom Ministry -The Number 1 book -Bible Teach

by stillajwexelder 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• heathen
    heathen
    When you have 6 million people convinced it is their sacred duty to purchase every book you publish, it is to your advantage to publish many books.

LMAO . Yah especially when you can't get it right the first time . It's easier and raises more money just to print new copies than to rip pages out or edit with your highlighter . Forget that other book , it didn't get you to heaven , you need this nice new book that will get you on the road until our next book .....

• LDH
    LDH

LOL @ Ozzie...

Man how times have changed. We used to live and die by the Live Forever book.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Lisa,

I'm old - for me it was the "Let God Be True" (Brown cover edition)

Ozzie (still upside down)

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

This book also does not say anything about the WTS teaching that God has an organization and uses a governing body to direct it.Could it be because the bible really doesn't teach that?

Goldminer

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

It isn't only us that say the books are 'dumbed down'. I know of old long serving dubs who are lapping up the Tuesday study on Daniel's Prophecy. They say it has meat .

Pity that the application of the scriptures and history is just way off the scale .......

• VM44
    VM44

I have just looked at the book and I am not impressed.

From the simple language used, the impression is that the book is meant for childern

--VM44

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Why is it called 'The Watchtower Bible & Tract Society". Is the Watchtower more important than the bible? Why isn't it called 'The Bible Watchtower and Tract Society". And why does someone stand up and read the Watchtower paragraphs on the platform but many scriptures don't get read at all, by anyone?

• heathen
    heathen
    why does someone stand up and read the Watchtower paragraphs on the platform but many scriptures don't get read at all, by anyone?

Because what's more important to the j-dubs is what the WTBTS says that the bible means is more important than what they bible says . They will every once in awhile read a scripture .

• Euphemism
    Euphemism

The Knowledge book actually had quite a few pictures. If anything, the WTS seems to have been increasing the number of pictures in books; part of the general 'dumbing down', I guess.

So let's see... Let God Be True was from '46 to '68: 22 years. Truth book was from '68 to '82: 14 years. Live Forever was '82-'95: 13 years. Knowledge was '95-'05: 10 years. It looks like the lifespans of their books are gradually decreasing. At this rate, in a few decades they'll be live-blogging.

• Panda
    Panda

Live blogging!!! Don't make me laugh ... you'd need a decent PC and DSL to live blog. And unless the WTS finds a way to make money on that ... well they'll just hope to keep the RF in the dark .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit