January Kingdom Ministry -The Number 1 book -Bible Teach

by stillajwexelder 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The January kingdom ministry has two study articles and the the whole insert - all about how the What Does the Bible Really Teach is now the number 1 teach aid - no longer the Knowledge book. In fact the instructions in one of the SM items is to switch to the Teach book as soon as possible with our bible studies. It will be the offer in March and of course is being studied in book groups after the Daniel book. The 2nd book will still be Worship the Only True God book.

The Knowldege book has had a short life indeed.

• blondie
    blondie

I think the Knowledge book was dumbed down too much in some areas and not enough in others. This book is dumbed down consistently.

Blondie

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Hey Blondie, did you know Debbie Harry used to study with the dubs?

• blondie
    blondie

Can you prove that? I can remember when I was told that Glen Campbell was a JW and it turned out he was a born-again Christian.

If she did, she was smart and gave it up and didn't get baptized.

Blondie

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Just jiving ya Blondie, LOL, sorry bout that, it's drinkies time.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Wow, out less than two years and I'm totally outta the loop. They have a new "Truth" "Live Forever" "Knowledge" book, eh?

Must be a real banger, I don't guess it's online anywhere? (Wouldn't want to get sued by Dear Mother...)

Dave

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

What Does the Bible Really Teach?

Well, if we are to go by the information contained in that book, it doesn't teach that the Faithful and Discreet Slave is a class of people with the responsibility of picking up where the Bible left off (to the everlasting glory of Jehovah, obviously).

Man, this Org just keeps getting sleazier.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

They've really changed since I was "in". At least in the '80s, there was the Aid book (soon revised into the Insight book), and the 1984 Reference Ed. of the NWT, and just .... stuff with some meat to them. All the new stuff is fluff, fluff, fluff...

• hideme
    hideme

Ohw...

yesterday this scripture draw my attention:

Eccl. 12:12

12 And further, my son, by these words be admonished: of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness to the flesh.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"I think the Knowledge book was dumbed down too much in some areas and not enough in others. This book is dumbed down consistently.

Blondie"

Very true. I think they are realizing you only need 1 dumb pubiclication to rope in the gullible - the Require Brochure. Also, books turn off those type of people anyway.
    The Bible Teach publication actually does NOT pre-suppose that the reader already holds a reverence for God and the Bible - a HUGE leap for the Society. Of course, they eventually revert to their own circular logic, non-existant evidence, and warped reasoning in explaining what the Bible means.

The very title "what does the Bible TEACH" is a very telling one. A lot like "what does God REQUIRE of you?" These are questions that jump right in to how we should apply the Bible in our life. They automaticaly frame the argument and omit a lot of tough arguments such as, "who decided what texts were included and why we can be confident that these are the right ones."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit