January Kingdom Ministry -The Number 1 book -Bible Teach

by stillajwexelder 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Can anyone imagine a KM announcing this:

Beginning January 1, 2006 the primary textbook will be "The Bible". This will replace the "What Does the WT say the Bible Teaches" and render obsolete the "Knowledge" book.

All book studiy groups will henceforward be known as Bible Study Groups. Publishers should be sure to bring their own personal copies, no matter how dusty they are, to the Bible Study Group each week.

Well? Can you imagine that happening?

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone know if the book What Does the Bible Really Teach is online somewhere?

Just wondering.

--VM44

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

At least in the '80s, there was the Aid book (soon revised into the Insight book),

allegedly because 3 out of 5 of the researchers and writers were those damned apostates Lengtat, Franz and Dunlap

• JH
    JH

More books for the publishing company to print.

• willyloman
    willyloman

When you have 6 million people convinced it is their sacred duty to purchase every book you publish, it is to your advantage to publish many books.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Good idea, VM44. If not, it should be. If anyone would like to take on scanning, OCR'ing, and PDF'ing, I believe I know where it can be housed.

AuldSoul

• TheListener
    TheListener

I know the book has been discussed here before but for those like me who can't use the search function:

The What Does The Bible Really Teach book is a 193 page book of basic feel good doctrine with additional pages as an appendix (for a total of 223 pages). On pages 129-133 it does discuss the no blood policy. It seems directed as much at dubs who are just floating along as it is newly interested ones.

I didn't find any mention of disfellowshipping in the publication.

The real meat of the book starts on page 194 with the appendix information. Here is the list of appendix topics:

The Divine Name -Its Use and Its Meaning

How Daniel's Prophecy Foretells the Messiah's Arrival

Jesus Christ - The Promised Messiah

The Truth About the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit

Why True Christians Do Not Use the Cross in Worship

The Lord's Evening Meal- An Observance That Honors God

"Soul" and "Spirit" - What Do These Terms Really Mean?

What are Sheol and Hades?

Judgement Day - What Is It?

1914 - A Significant Year in Bible Prophecy

Who Is Michael the Archangel?

Identifying "Babylon the Great"

Was Jesus Born in December?

Should We Celebrate Holidays?

The information in the appendix appears in other publications already. There isn't anythig new.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Once the book is scanned in let's do a review appendix item by appendix item. Most of the material is probably already in the best of. We'd just need to organize some of the threads under a title matching the appendix title of the book. That would be most helpful to us UBMs who will have to deconstruct and argue some of the points as they are hashed over in bookstudy.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Wow, I've been out for 9 1/2 years, and I'm already two study books behind! I left just as the Knowledge book was being introduced (1995-1996). Rest in peace, Live Forever book :)

Speaking of which, I enjoyed the Live Forever book because it was big and had lots of pretty pictures. I'm guessing the Knowlege book and the Teach book are all the smaller size, and have few pictures.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

smaller size and most important - soft cover. Live Forever and Truth were both hardcover -saves money

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit