The "Jerry Springer" crowd

by Simon 25 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Roger that Simon,this isn't a block party it's life and death.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

In case some of you are interested in going on the "Jerry Springer Show", I am posting the application form below:

GUEST APPLICATION FOR THE JERRY SPRINGER SHOW

Personal Information:

Name___________ Nickname______________ CB Handle_____

Yore Mama________Yore Daddy (if known)_______

Spouse's Name_________

Relationship to spouse: ___Sister ____Brother ____Mother ____Father ___Pet ___Aunt ___Uncle

Occupation: ___Unemployed Mechanic ___Gun Show Dealer ___Skinhead

Number of Children in Household: ___ Number of children that are yours___

Circle Highest Level of Education: 1 2 3 4

How Far is Your Mobile Home From a Paved Road: ___1mi. __5 mi.?

Number of Times You Have Survived a Tornado: ___

Number of Vehicles Owned: ___ Number on Cement Blocks____

Truck Equipment: ___Gun Rack ___Pit Bull ___Spit Cup ___Fuzzy Dice ___
    Rebel Flag ___Naked Woman Mudflaps ___NWO and/or NRA sticker

Weapons Owned: ___Tire Iron ___Pick Handle ___Beer Bottle ___Shotgun

Number of Dogs Owned: ___ Number of Homemade Tattoo: ___

Which of the Following Appliances are in your Front Yard: ___Friggerator ___Heatin Stove ___Warsher ___TV ___Freezer

How Many of the Above Appliances Work: ___

Fav-o-rite Recreation: ___Drinkin ___Cow Chip Throwin ___Possum Huntin ___Crawdad Huntin ___Spittin Backy ___Scratchin ___Watchin Wrasslin

If You Can Read, Which Magazines Do You Prefer: ___Soap Opera Digest___ Rifle and Shotgun ___NWA ___TV Guide ___National Enquirer___True Confessions

Which Stinks Worse: ___Hogpen ___Outhouse ___Spouse

Can You Spell Your Last Name:___Yup ___Nope

Can You Remember Your Last Name: ___Yup ___Nope

Have You Ever Stayed Sober for More Than One Day: ___Yup ___Nope

Do You Know Any Words with More Than 4 Letters: ___Yup ___Nope

Which is CorrectA: ___"I Seed Him" or ___"I Seen Him"

How Many Cartons of Cigarettes Do You Smoke a Day? ___

Math Test: How Many Food Stamps Do the Following Cost? ___Six Pack ___Ciggies ___Shotgun Shells ___Backy ___Prostitute

Number of Times You've Seen: ___a UFO ___ Elvis ___Elvis in a UFO

Health Questionaire: Which of the Following Do You Have?
    ___Head Lice ___B.O. ___Crabs ___Runny Nose ___Boils

Can You Remember the Last Time You Bathed? ___Yup ___Nope

Color of Teeth: ___Yellow ___Brown ___Black ___N/A

I hereby swear this is the trooth and and sign my "X" on _________19__

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

Simon,

I was reading the Tort last night to my husband. Even he, who usually has is rose colored glasses on was able to see that they took things out of context and misrepresented things. We only got to page 8 with the Tertullian, Eusebus, Biblis exerpts!

I don't know that people realize the ramifications of this Tort. I was writing about this in another discussion group.

We had a cultist (The Body) here in my town that allowed her baby to starve to death because of a vision of another member of the group saying the baby was the reincarnation of Jesus. A few deprogrammers were brought in and testified on her behalf and she was set free.

One day there may be lawsuits over the blood policy. Who knows, maybe we will see commercials on the television that say - If you or someone you know have been injured by the Jehovahs Witness blood policy call 1-800-GETMONEY - we'll get you the money you deserve.

And I am sure publicity hungry people like Steve Hassan will jump on the bandwagon and show up in court to testify that people who were once Jehovahs Witnesses were under mind control and couldn't make truly informed decisions for themselves.

Chrystal

PS - And for any who don't think that Steve Hassan is publicity hungry you obviously didn't see him making a fool of himself on TV - on a multitude of channels - when the John Walker (little dumb american spoiled brat running through the desert pretending to be an Islamic extremeist) Trial was going on here! It made me ashamed to have purchased his book!

• rebel8
    rebel8

Elvis DID eat my hamster.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Sorry if those of us that said "The emporer has no clothes" upsets you but maybe you should be upset at the emporer for wearing no clothes. But this "keep opinions off the forum, keep quiet, read it and shut up" sentiments are exactly what the elders used to do when the orgy of "new light" expectations fell on the floor and went "THUD". The elders got mad at the flock and blamed them for not really understanding the full import of the wisdom they spoke. Sorry but the new light wasn't new light at all, but rather a 2nd hand, lampshade, that only made the lamp look slightly different, yet still fulfilled the exact same purpose.

Funny, too, is that none of the rabid supporters of this "new apostate light" nor the detractors posting on this forum affect the "big news" in any way, shape or form. This is a battle to be played out in the courts. If you are such a huge supporter of this "big news" why are you having to spend time trying to convince ME why it is? Why aren't you spending that time writing letters to judges, lawyers, doctors, hospital administrators, and the like? What an ex-JW poster in the ether of the internet world thinks is besides the point isn't it?

Perhaps you are just as guilty as being a Springer'ite. You want to bitch at the people bitching. So grab a chair and give it a toss, as you have already ceded the higher moral ground.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Enigma, I don't think Simon is saying you can't say you're disappointed. He just want's people to be respectful to Barb.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

FHN - I have never once "cut on" Barbara at all....merely the hype that followed. I think Barbara and Kelly have done a wonderful thing. Did Barbara get carried away in her excitement....I think so. Did she do anything malicious? Nope, not in my book. But I've found a few posters pounding on us "realists" a little unwarranted as well.

Make sense?

• undercover
    undercover
    I don't think Simon is saying that you can't say you're disappointed. He just wants people to be respectful to Barb.

Where exactly does he say that?

It seems some are a little 'disappointed' with the latest news and events re: the WTS and blood. ...

They seem to love the Jerry Springer-type scandal where someone will shout (in the street where it is worthless) that "the president raped me" or "all the GB are gay" or "elvis ate my hampster" or whatever. ...

The Jerry-Springer crowd can keep bitching and I will gladly leave them to yelp and high-five at nonsense but I for one appreciate the work that people have done on this issue.

Barbara isn't mentioned. Respectfulness to her or anyone else isn't mentioned. Those who were disappointed in the "big news" are likened to "the Jerry Springer crowd". I'm all for respecftulness to Barabara Anderson and everyone else that helped with the "big news". How about a little respect for those who were disappointed in the "big news" and aren't sold on it as being bigger than Dateline? Being called the Jerry Springer crowd isn't all the respectful to me.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

OOOO look, a dead horse...lets go beat it!

• Gill
    Gill

I agree with you Simon, that those who are disappointed with the big news, or some who are disappointed have gone a little over the top.

I will admit to being disappointed too.

Why?

I was hoping too much that the WTBTS nightmare was nearly over. But, I remember to well how JWs feel and think....hence the disappointment.

The Big News IS good news...it is...but, very few JWs that I know will think twice about it. It's just persecution. In fact, I don't think anything will make any difference to someone who WANTS to believe in the WTBTS....NOTHING at all. That's the real disappointment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit