Custody brochure next to be examined?

by alamb 38 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Dansk
    Dansk

Well Done, Jourles! Well Done, Alamb!!

Ian

• Gill
    Gill

I have never heard of the 'Custody brochure!' What's that about? I've only been 'out' for nearly five years. Is it only applicable to the US or the UK?

• alamb
    alamb

The custody brochure is not distributed like the other literature. It is provided, through the elders, and after their deeming a JW worthy, to a JW parent who is in litigation with a non-JW parent in a custody matter. Usually the non JW parent will bring it to the attention of the court that training/indoctrination/beliefs regarding use of blood can be not in the best interest of a child. It contains instructions on how to deceive the court/lie about practices such as blood transfusions, the importance of education, social habits of JW's, etc. This equates to perjury. Jourles gave a link to the brochure in its entirety. There is also a rebuttal to this brochure available online.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

alamb -

The film of the elder being handed the book cannot be in the UK as cameras are not allowed to be used in court there.

Some states still do not allow photography.

HB

• alamb
    alamb

I'm in the U.S. And the clerks will video-tape hearings for $20 if you ask before it begins. All hearings are audio taped, if you ask or not. I got the video. Well spent money on this one.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

WOW! I had NO idea something like this even existed.

Thanks for bringing this topic to light.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Good going, gang. Nice discussion. Amazing, sick, outrageous that this situation is tolerated in the name of religious freedom.

Dave

• alamb
    alamb

BTTT

For the Children

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I think we should send a copy of this custody brochure to each State's Bar Association, each State's Attorney General, and State's Prosecutor's office. Divorce law varies by State, and that is why this is important to get into the State's hands.

This is a project. Can we get 150 original copies of this booklet? If not, we can work around that.

Can everyone look up their State's top honchos & Bar Association/head of's address & p.m. to me?

Lawyers often "coach" their clients on what to say and what not to say. That is ok. But, deception against a court is not. In fact, any person can file a complaint against the opposing attorney for perjury with the State's Bar Association. The Bar Association will sanction the attorney if it holds that the attorney went "too far". Word will get around that this booklet is a deception on the court. WTS credibility will be hurt.

As far as I know, journalism takes a college degree. How is the child going to go into journalism without college?

Skeeter1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit