13 years old boy has been baptized

by M.Bibleres 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I was just under a month away from 14 when I got baptized.
    That will be 20 years ago next spring.

CountryGuy of the "I can't believe it's been THAT long" Class

• calico
    calico

Being baptized young is nothing new. I was almost 15 when I was baptized--my brother was baptized same time and he's almost 3 years younger than me. Most of my friends were baptized under the age of 14.

• blondie
    blondie

g98 8/8 p. 30 From Our Readers ***

When I was baptized at the age of 11, my earnest desire was to praise Jehovah as a public speaker. I thought I would have to wait for God’s new world to achieve that goal

g98 10/22 p. 20 ‘We Live No Longer for Ourselves’ ***

A year later I was baptized, at the age of 11.

g94 12/22 p. 25 Why Should I Obey My Parents? ***

John was baptized as a Christian at the age of 11.

g93 9/22 p. 15 "Oh, Jehovah, Keep My Young Girl Faithful!" ***

Two years later, at age 11, I was baptized.

*** yb98 p. 203 Martinique ***

. She was soon sharing in the field service, and in 1985, at the age of 12, she got baptized, together with her mother.

*** yb94 p. 130 Haiti ***

Victor Winterburn was one of the newly arrived missionaries. A Canadian, he was 23, was baptized in 1940 at the age of 12, and had been pioneering since 1946.

*** yb73 p. 206 Guatemala ***

Their oldest child, now eleven years of age, came with them and was baptized at this notable assembly.

• blakky
    blakky

Well if you are apart of the catholic religion and many other christian religions, they baptise or christen their kids at a few months old...

A few months old.

So compare the JW's to other religions with respect to the age of the person being baptised, Jw's look pretty good.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

*** w96 10/15 p. 32 "Jehovah Answered My Prayers!" ***

Even children among Jehovah’s Witnesses are having a share in this work. Consider, for example, a boy named Joel. He symbolized his dedication to Jehovah and was baptized at nine years of age.

• heathen
    heathen
    Well if you are apart of the catholic religion and many other christian religions, they baptise or christen their kids at a few months old...

I was one of those and I tell ya I have no desire to be a catholic . I'm always shocked at the age the WTBTS is baptizing because they disagree with the catholic church over that issue . I mean what's the friggen difference really ? So your kid has been thoroughly brainwashed first ...... I do feel that only adult males need be baptized and I don't agree with a six month or year of study first .

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere
    So compare the JW's to other religions with respect to the age of the person being baptised, Jw's look pretty good.

Blakky -

But the religions who baptize infants don't cut off all contact with those people when they decide not to follow the teachings or realize that it does not harmonize with what they personally believe to be true.

I know of 14 and 15 year olds who have been cut off from their families just when they needed them most.

It is cruel, inhumane, and, in my opinion, criminal behavior.

-Aude.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

Hey Sphere!

Nearly identical comments at nearly identical times.

(But I beat you to it!!)

-Aude.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

As my father said time and time again:

"If you aren't old enough to say no you aren't old enough to say yes"

I pondered how these 5 and 6 year olds answered the questions. Then I remembered the by rote answers I used to give about birthdays, xmas, remembrance day, mother's day. And I realized all it is is large scale by rote memorization and some plucky precosiousness and they will want to believe these kids can make an informed decision.

I know my own mother was 12, she credits her baptism with staying "straight" in the truth all these years. Perhaps they are trying to make up for flagging numbers of force a higher youth retention rate. Either way it seems nothing new..but maybe it is coming full circle again after a period of years where there was encouragement to make sure they knew what they were doing.

• force
    force

well i think that is terrible. i am 15 and i dont know what i want for da future. jesus didnt do it until he was old did he? so why does anybody do it young if they are following jesus example.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit