Where is the love?

by sweet tee 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Ingenuous
    Ingenuous
    Well, don't y'all know, JW's have the "secret" love...that "AGAPE", love

Ahhh, yes - the "I love you but I don't have to like you" love!

• delilah
    delilah

Ingenious said,"Ahhh, yes - the "I love you but I don't have to like you" love!

and that's exactly how they treat people.....silly morons....don't they realize how superficial , transparent they really are to others?

• Agnes
    Agnes

I must tell you that out of all of the JW's that I personally know: relatives, neighbors, and a cquaintances that only one exhibits any sign of being a genuinely loving person. My family and I have been repeatedly snubbed by the "holier than thou" and I'm sure it has as much to do with their insecurities as it does with the fact that they know there isn't a chance that they could ever convert us. If they were truly loving and smart, they would show their love regardless of what their expectations were. They are only nice and aknowledge me and my family when they want to borrow or sell us something. It's all conditional... Agnes

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It was the first warning bell for me... that these people really don't want to hear my innermost thoughts.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

A great topic! So true what everyone has said and observed. I now see an Elder and his wife in the local supermarket and he was the sort that had many petty rules about where to sit and the like! And yet he would wander around the back during the meetings looking at the notice board and playing with his keys/money, which distracted those at the back even more than usual . One time my wife and I had fallen out with him after having children and seeing his 'looks' over at us as the kids made some noise that my wife burst into tears whilst giving a talk! Ok now looking back its like why let them get to us, but now I can look at him and think he you know I dont like you and whats more I never did and I no longer have to pretend to be your friend as you dont me. Ok I dont want to advocate hating people but I only brought it up as we are talking about the type of love shown in a typical cong.

Arnie

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

I understand where you're coming from cyberdyne. You make a good point about the lack of communication too though - the looks, burying ones feelings until they just burt through in public - like me and your wife crying at the KH. If you can't be honest with someone about how they make you feel how do you grow a real relationship? Just like most things with the witnesses - it's all just a big put-on. There is no wizard. If there is he's a goof!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

That's the problem with mind control, once you start controlling things, you have to control everything, even "the love". We were told when we were joyous, when we were disappointed, when to be appreciative, show discernment, and love. Just like the WT study, the answers are given to you, your performance or worth as a person is realative to how well you can recite the answer you are given on command.

WLG

• enlightenedcynic
    enlightenedcynic

I remember a CO giving a part at a program a few years back where he said that 'the worst JW was better than the best worldly person.'

As all of the previous posts have mentioned, there is no true love among dubs, it is conditional love....love that can and will be turned off at a moments notice. For one reason only I still attend meetings, that's because my wife and other close relatives are still blinded. When I go to meetings it makes me sick physically to see the hypocrisy, lack of warmth and lack of kindness exhibited by many at the KH. People will walk past you and not speak, once they have determined that you are not spiritually strong or are not anyone of consequence. Gatherings get held and the same individuals get invited over and over.....so much for "widening out".

Where is the love? Not at the KH!!!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy
    I remember a CO giving a part at a program a few years back where he said that 'the worst JW was better than the best worldly person.'

+1

• sweet tee
    sweet tee

Yeah ... I heard that one too elightenedchick, they sure believe they are the S**T don't they?!? . It almost hurts to think back on all the stupid things I used to hear and accept ...not everything went down easily but for a chance of life in par-o-dice I chocked down a whole load of BS . What 'loving' person speaks of others that way?

sweet tee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit