Beginning to not care... again

by daystar 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Daystar, I'm with you. I refuse to rent out space in my brain to the JW subject except when I feel like it, which is less and less as time goes on.

But I think that we must remember the time when the little light bulb went on over our head. We needed to vent and be supported. I still feel like I owe that to others as they need it. This forum must be like nirvana to many and rightly so.

Wish I could be at the Apostafest! I love that name! Would love to have bumper sticker or T-shirt.

• Gregor
    Gregor

T-Shirt idea.

Front: "Apostafest Dallas '05"

Back: "Eat Shit and Die, Watchtower!"

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I just want a small bumper sticker for my jeep that says "Apostapalooza..."

I really need to go to one someday!

• daystar
    daystar

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. Like I said, I'm not entirely "gone", I'm just not as "here" anymore, thanks primarily to this very board.

I've been loosely watching the "Big News" fiasco here and it has even moreso driven home the point for me. So much emotion invested and so much disappointment based upon some rather, IMHO, overly heightened expectations, regardless how those expectations were arrived at. (Dangling participles be damned! )

I'll diverge further into that topic and extend my thanks to the people, Ms. Anderson included, who have been working on that. I'm sure to many people, it is very meaningful and is indeed "Big News". It's a shame that those to whom it would not be had higher expectations. It's all about perspective.

I'm going to leave it at that. I debated even bringing it up in the first place. *shrug*

tetra, I'll be emailing you someday soon.

• daystar
    daystar

Tshirt idea I had last night:

Front: Ask me about Jehovah's Witnesses!

Back: They suck ass!!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

Speakin' of t-shirts, we used to have magnetic bumper stickers that DFWnonJW would make for the 'fest. I have some from the chili cookoff. I'll try to bring them to the fest this weekend.

I miss DFWnonJW.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I'm really glad to hear you are getting all your shit together. Losing interest in all this crazy cult garbage is a good thing. I feel the same way about all this Jehovah stuff. My family are out and I don't care about any of my old dub friends. My new ex-dub friends are the reason I'm still here on JWD.

Greatest thing happened to me the other day - I was walking in the mall and saw a dub working at some store. It suddenly hit me that I'm disassociated and considered evil by these people. The absurdity of the whole situation hit me like a ton of bricks and just made me honestly laugh out loud, not in a defiant or supercilious way.. just honest to God laughter. It was so cool. I just dont f*cking care.

GBL

• daystar
    daystar

GBL

That's great! I still see a dub here and there. I don't know very many in my area any more. Most of them moved on or out.

But when I do see one, and am introduced, I just flash a big, sincere smile, shake their hands firmly and jovially, try to chit-chat a bit and then move on. Their reaction is usually rather funny as they don't really know how to respond.

I've been told on more than one occasion that some people are a bit intimidated by me in person. I don't get it really, but if so, I can imagine that these dub fellas might look on me rather dubiously, knowing that I used to be one of the "sheep-like".

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

hey daystar -

Don't forget the potato salad!!

Lisa

• daystar
    daystar

arrowstar

I'll see if I can make my old family recipe for real southern-style potato salad, mustard, no mayo!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit