Alot of Questions regarding Jehovah God.

by Geetarfreek! 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• forsharry
    forsharry

I'm not sure if it's the right answer, but when I was growing up and accidentally uttered "Oh my god." I was disciplined, because unless using his "name" (hold on for a moment with that) in prayer or in study then I was using in vain. My argument was I never said "His Name." I was then lectured for being a smart arse and was sent to my room. But I digress.

Most Jehovah's Witnesses wouldn't say such a saying...they would say "Oh my goodness." I don't see what the big difference is though...to me it's the same differents between "Shoot" and "Shit." It's being said in the same spirit...and as we all know God can read our hearts and minds and know that deep down we weren't saying "Oh my goodness" we were really thinking "Oh my god!"

• heathen
    heathen

I've know plenty of j-dubs that played guitar or other instruments . I never heard anybody complain . Most were into "worldly" music . I even knew an elders son that listened to black sabbath and did his best to turn me on to it when I was a kid. LOL One guy I knew was trying to get his stuff produced in the "evil" worldly music industry .That was one guy I was surprised was trying to be a good j-dubby .

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Who's Jehovah 'God'? Show one scripture that calls the Father Jehovah 'God'? What else is Jehovah but God, so why add God on the end? Why not be consistent and always say 'Jesus Lord'? Or Moo Cow, or choo choo train.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    A bit strange that your abbreviation for geetar is git!? There is 2 ee's.

Yeah, geemoog, shame on you!

• Satanus
    Satanus
    My papa has read the Bible many times and no doubt knows much more about Jehova God than me and is also in charge of a Kingdom Hall for JW's nearby my house. Answer your question?

The thing is, the bible is an old jewish book that was written thousands of yrs ago. How do we know those stories all happened like they said. Secondly, if god spoke back then, why did he stop? So, there's the bible. But, most of the bible was in existence 2000 yrs ago, and supposedly, he spoke to people. Again why stop? What w all the religious confusion, all the arguements about the bible, don't you think that he needs to step in to clear things up again? You are taking your fathers word for it, as he took somebody elses word for it, as somebody else took somebody elses word for it, ad a thousand. If god loves you so much, and jesus has removed the world's sin, all barriers are gone, aren't they?

S

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda
    don't you think that he needs to step in to clear things up again?

that's what he says he's going to do.

• Satanus
    Satanus
    that's what he says he's going to do.

Promises, promises. Did he tell you that, personally? Or, is it something that was written down thousands of yrs ago? When is the last time that he has supposedly stepped in amd clear up things? And, how do we know that it wasn't just mythology?

S

• googlemagoogle
    googlemagoogle

ok, geetarfreak with double e, your papa, i and a really big bunch of people on this planet have read the bible. but think about it: why are there so many different views about god?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Question #1.

If this is true then I know a lot of Witnesses that arn't going to make it.

Question #2.

Read Romans chapter two. Then ask yourself this question again.

• heathen
    heathen
    I f I have a family member of friend that I care dearly for but they don't believe in Jehovah God then surely I won't see them again after Armageddon day. Therefore how can we live in paradise if we aren't there with all the people we dearly love?

I think the idea is that you have to love God more than anything or anybody else to get in . That means accepting his judgement on those that you love . IMO

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit