Misrepresentation

by quango 38 Replies latest jw friends

• quango
    quango

My understanding of the "Big Snooze" is that the essay maintains that JWs have misrepresented quotes from secular sources.

Is this message board not an obvious misrepresentation? It claims to represent Jehovahs witnesses (in its title)yet the vast majority of posters are anti JW and many have been expelled. Most posters wish to "destroy" the society. An honest board would take a different name (eg ex jehovahs-witness.com) , so that onlookers would have a clear idea about the motives of the posters.

• Gill
    Gill

No! It's a discussion board about Jehovahs Witnesses so, it's one hundred per cent accurate, which is more than can be said for the WTBTS.

• defd
    defd

I agree quango. I came here thinking this was for JWS and quickly found out it was not and got sucked in and hooked. 9 months and being kicked out 3x (disfellowshipped)later, here I still am.

D.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Defd,

What do you mean you were kicked out 3x and disfellowshiped?

• defd
    defd

What do you mean you were kicked out 3x and disfellowshiped?

not from the ORG. but from this board. Sorta like being disfellowshipped.

Def D

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Defd,

How did you transgress the laws of this forum? Were you being vulgar?

• defd
    defd

No. Of cousre i dont feel I did anything wrong. I was freely speaking like everyone else was. The mods didnt see it that way. That is water under the bridge now. Besides I think they allow me to be much freer here and I appreciate that. I have gotten too comfortable and need to tone it down a bit I admit, before I am disfellowshipped again.

Def D

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I agree quango. I came here thinking this was for JWS and quickly found out it was not and got sucked in and hooked. 9 months and being kicked out 3x (disfellowshipped)later, here I still am.

D.

POOR DEFD - He got sucked in

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Ok,

Well it doesn't really make sense then because the whole point of this forum is to get at the truth of things with some humour thrown in here and there. You haven't come across to me as someone that needs kicking off this forum.

• defd
    defd

You haven't come across to me as someone that needs kicking off this forum.

I appreciate that, but you are new here. Stick around and you will see.

D.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit